Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about Lukazku myself. Andros Townsend might be worth a look though, likely to want out of Newcastle now they're down. I'm sure I've heard before that he has a bit of an attitude problem but if not then he's a very good player who might be worth cherry picking.

Not sure about Lukazku myself. Andros Townsend might be worth a look though, likely to want out of Newcastle now they're down. I'm sure I've heard before that he has a bit of an attitude problem but if not then he's a very good player who might be worth cherry picking.

Whilst I agree that he would be a good signing, I can't help but feel that we are more than covered in terms of wingers with Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray and Schlupp. It's probably the position I'd least like to strengthen. If Mahrez goes it's a different story.

Dembele can go and bollocks then.

We can go and beat whoever he ends up playing for as well.

Thats what I like to hear.Now we've actually won the league & the tension is released we can all get back to being proper football fans again.So I'll just expand on what you said with my own opinion if you don't mind?

Dembele can **** off.Last thing we need is some arrogant kid who thinks he's too good to play for the champions of ****ing England on the back of achieving **** all so far with some backwoods French nobodies.

He'd be well advised to take a look at Raheem Sterling who maybe now might realise he's a million miles from being the finished article & knuckle down to getting himself up to speed after his frankly embarrassing season.Citeh paid the best part of £50m for potential.Because they're ****ing insane.Another season like that & Guardiola will have him out the door quicker than you can say '**** me was that my career?'

**** you Dembele.Go listen to your agent & end up picking your arse on the bench somewhere for the next 2 years as everyone forgets who you are while the twat advising you milks your bank account.Had the chance to be in on the ground floor of a new era at the perfect age to make the best of it.****ed it up.

I hope you break down with injury before you're 20 & end up working the Marseilles docks doing favours for sailors.

Prick

I feel so much better now.

& also...John Terry???

Are you ****ing mental? That venomous prick would totally destroy the team spirit that carried us to where we are.

He'd come in,waving his ****ing medals about,giving it Billy Big Bollocks & trying to tell everyone what to do.& all of this on the back of probably the worst season of his career.He's ****ing past it.Even at his peak he was never much more than a bionic donkey & now his legs have gone he's just a normal donkey.We don't need other teams geriatric chuck outs.Not any more.

Like most of these 'legends' of other clubs the last contract is just cashing the cheque somewhere else for a season.At best he'd be another Martin Keown,at worst another short-arsed-psycho-who-shall-not-be-named.In fact Terry & the latter have always struck me as 2 peas in a pod.
If Arry ****ing Bassett was still here we'd be looking at this sort of signing.But he's not & I've spent years trying to hypnotise myself into believing that comedy cockney muppet never came within a hundred miles of my beautiful club.But it hasn't worked.Even today there's still a faint odour of the stink of festering yak shit he left hanging over the club.I reckon we'll need to win the Europa League (minimum) or another title to fully eradicate the stench.
Didn't we actually give him the title Director of Football at one point? Christ.What a ****ing joke we were.Giving that title to a man whose teams never came close to playing any football whatsoever during his entire worthless,pointless career.

Signing Terry evokes that era for me.

I'd rather eat my own shit.

Would only be content with Townsend if we were buying a separate squad just for the league/FA Cups.

& also...John Terry???

Are you ****ing mental? That venomous prick would totally destroy the team spirit that carried us to where we are.

He'd come in,waving his ****ing medals about,giving it Billy Big Bollocks & trying to tell everyone what to do.& all of this on the back of probably the worst season of his career.He's ****ing past it.Even at his peak he was never much more than a bionic donkey & now his legs have gone he's just a normal donkey.We don't need other teams geriatric chuck outs.Not any more.

Like most of these 'legends' of other clubs the last contract is just cashing the cheque somewhere else for a season.At best he'd be another Martin Keown,at worst another short-arsed-psycho-who-shall-not-be-named.In fact Terry & the latter have always struck me as 2 peas in a pod.
If Arry ****ing Bassett was still here we'd be looking at this sort of signing.But he's not & I've spent years trying to hypnotise myself into believing that comedy cockney muppet never came within a hundred miles of my beautiful club.But it hasn't worked.Even today there's still a faint odour of the stink of festering yak shit he left hanging over the club.I reckon we'll need to win the Europa League (minimum) or another title to fully eradicate the stench.
Didn't we actually give him the title Director of Football at one point? Christ.What a ****ing joke we were.Giving that title to a man whose teams never came close to playing any football whatsoever during his entire worthless,pointless career.

This might help?

https://www.priorygroup.com/landing/fenchurch/anger-management-ppc?gclid=CJKAhtv608wCFXMz0wodLEEBXA

The wages that Townsend would be on and the price we'd have to pay do not in any way reflect his ability. No. Way.
Apparently has an £8m release clause if Newcastle are relegated and I think would make a decent squad player; has pace, goals and seems willing to work - has been Newcastle's best player in last few weeks when 1/2 the team seemed resigned to relegation.

& also...

I agree about John Terry. However, I am not sure of the link between Dave Bassett and John Terry. It seems a little tenuous.

Bassett took over a team that Peter Taylor had ruined. It was bottom of the table with awful strikers. Bassett was unable to stop the rot but he brought in Deane and Dickov which were key to us getting promotion the next season. Bassett was not an especially good manager but I think he was better than Taylor, Sousa, Levein or Martin Allen.

There is a tendency in football to blame the manager for relegation. However, as with Newcastle and Villa the problems often have deep roots and predate the manager.

Would only be content with Townsend if we were buying a separate squad just for the league/FA Cups.

I'd rather have Jermaine Defoe. Him and Vardy upfront would be awesome. I know the management were desperate to get him when he chose Sunderland instead as being a better bet to avoid relegation. I wouldn't hold that against him.

I agree about John Terry. However, I am not sure of the link between Dave Bassett and John Terry. It seems a little tenuous.

Bassett took over a team that Peter Taylor had ruined. It was bottom of the table with awful strikers. Bassett was unable to stop the rot but he brought in Deane and Dickov which were key to us getting promotion the next season. Bassett was not an especially good manager but I think he was better than Taylor, Sousa, Levein or Martin Allen.

There is a tendency in football to blame the manager for relegation. However, as with Newcastle and Villa the problems often have deep roots and predate the manager.

& Cholera is better than Typhoid too possibly.

I don't care.Having Bassett anywhere near the club almost made me give up.
I detest the man,his non-footballing toolshed teams & his 5th rate Arthur Daley schtick.
He can **** off & open a Cockle & Welk stall in Southend in partnership with Redknapp to fund his retirement.
Although you'd need to check your change if you bought anything from them obviously.Probably get food poisoning too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69