Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were rubbish there was lots of stories about our players leaving for 'better' teams. How come that now we're the best team in England there are still loads of stories about our players leaving? Money? Just a good story? Actual happenings?

When we were rubbish there was lots of stories about our players leaving for 'better' teams. How come that now we're the best team in England there are still loads of stories about our players leaving? Money? Just a good story? Actual happenings?

Andy King to Villa ever ****ing season....dodged a bullet there did Kingy.

Man U are likely to make a bid for Schlupp if LVG stays and rumours reckon and he wouldn't turn it down.

if we get silly money for him it would be ****ing amazing

if we get silly money for him it would be ****ing amazing
Jesus Lako let it go man.

He was fantastic v Everton. He might not be the sharpest implement in the draw but he has incredible potential and we need him.

icester City are are interested in Moroccan international Mehdi Carcela-González, according to claims coming from Portugal. The Foxes could make a bid for the Benfica midfielder soon, and it's quite a big story over in Lisbon

Schlupp is lightning quick and he's got some power but still no composure what-so-ever and still lacking in ending product. IMO it's hard to see him getting any better, he's where he was at a few years ago in terms of his development. If they make a good offer and he wants to go, I won't be crying about it..

Pescara striker Gianluca Lapadula has always been a regular goalscorer, but his performances at the Serie B side have caught the attention of several top clubs in Europe, including newly crowned Premier League champions Leicester City

Slimani will really suit the Prem and the way we play, mobile and strong.

You can't say we're not persistent with getting our targets, assuming the speculation isn't bollocks.

This is way above what we have previously spent. I hope we do not start him on Vardy wages until he has proved himself and shown he can 'put a shift in'. Is this Vardy backup or likely to be starting in place of Okazaki?

If Slimani IS coming, I'm sure he's discussed the move with his Algerian teammate - and will also mean he's staying!

Is this Vardy backup or likely to be starting in place of Okazaki?

It looks to me as though we're trying to do some serious business quite early. I doubt whether this is about moulding a first choice eleven. We need a much stronger squad and this is the summer to do it. A settled team may emerge next season but I doubt it. If we put together a very strong squad now, it will be better able to withstand the inevitability of one or two key players leaving us in the future.

I'd like us to sign two main strikers and let Ulloa and Kramaric go. Ulloa has been a very good player for us but I can't see him featuring next season if we strengthen well. He's 30 this summer and could probably get a regular place in a new Premier League side.

We've been strongly linked with Slimani and Deeney for years so at least one coming in would be expected. I'd also expect us to sign a goalscorer type forward. Lapadula seems a strong candidate as Ranieri has admitted our interest. Musa may be an alternative or more likely an additional recruit to our wide options. Walsh has watched all these players loads of times

If, for example, we signed Slimani, Lapadula and Musa, essentially as replacements for Ulloa, Kramaric and Dyer, our forward options next season would be outstanding.

It's definately an area we need to strengthen. Without Vardy we are much less of an attacking threat. I don't think Ulloa needs replacing, but as with Okazaki, although we've appreciated their work this season and both have played well - we can't rely on them for goals.

If, for example, we signed Slimani, Lapadula and Musa, essentially as replacements for Ulloa, Kramaric and Dyer, our forward options next season would be outstanding.

Assuming neither of them turn out to be another Kramaric

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69