Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icarus was definitely first. Anyway, Neil Young got there before Def Leppard.

You know that Icarus is a myth and Neil Young is definitely not. :002:

It was probably some greek poet who said it first - though not really as they spoke Greek and not English.

You know that Icarus is a myth and Neil Young is definitely not. :002:

It was probably some greek poet who said it first - though not really as they spoke Greek and not English.
Next thing, someone will come along and tell me King Midas also is a myth. Pfffftt!

Silva deal supposedly not really moving forward atm.

Seems like they will only sell for the release clause (~€40m) but we're only offering €25m.

Would quite like to see Jones here though tbh.

You know that Icarus is a myth and Neil Young is definitely not.

Anybody that watched the 1969 Cup Final could have told you that!

As the deadline gets nearer i think the release clause will lower (i think hes made it clear he wants to join us), i also think that allowing think allowing Inler to leave is an indication we are confident of signing Silva,im not sure of the details but as long as certain documentation is with the authorities eg signed forms, the medical could actually take place at a later time if not possible today.

Now being said we'll pay €45m for Adrien and Slimani will only be €15m due to him having a sell on clause.

As I said on the other page, probs nothing confirmed until 10:55pm tonight.

I know what we are, but this changes things, Leicester City is changed off the back of this.

Excited or reluctant, I'm not sure.

When Bournemouth pay £15m for Ibe, along with some of the money being paid by Championship clubs for McCormack, etc, it puts the current fees into context.

Surely we will make another central midfield signing before the deadline. Going into the champions league with just Drinkwater, Mendy, King and Amartey would be very underwhelming.

Another happy day, amongst many
When Bournemouth pay £15m for Ibe, along with some of the money being paid by Championship clubs for McCormack, etc, it puts the current fees into context.

Ryan Mason for £13 million :101::101::101:

Surely we will make another central midfield signing before the deadline. Going into the champions league with just Drinkwater, Mendy, King and Amartey would be very underwhelming.

Don't forget Hernandez.....!

It's funny how some are looking at another signing as causing massive selection problems and others see the current squad as too thin.

Getting bored with continual updates about who SPL clubs are signing.Who ****ing cares? It's just a list of players not good enough to play anywhere else.Either used to be good but now too old to play proper football,thought to be good enough to play elsewhere but weren't & now coming back to their actual level or just able to do a job in that league (i.e. can kick a ball 50 yards in a straight line)

When Senderos going to Rangers is the big story in the league it tells you everything you need to know.
How the Sky anchors can go to their guy up there with a straight face I have no idea.

Internet expressing surprise at Wheelchair going to Bournemouth.Not me.They have one of the most comfortable treatment rooms in the league apparently.

Gone a bit quiet on the Slimani and Silva front

If he stays fit for the season it will say an awful lot about Arsenal's medical team. He appeared to not have any injury problems when he was on loan at Bolton several years ago.
He wasn't old enough to buy fags and booze when he was at Bolton though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566