Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone a bit quiet on the Slimani and Silva front

Sky saying Slimani passed medical but it has gone quiet on the Adrien front.

Still wouldn't rule it out though but probs will just be Slimani.

Sky saying just waiting for official confirmation on Slimani.

Didn't mention anything on Adrien but it could be that we are waiting to try and announce a double signing.

Re Wheelchair - at least now we will see if he is just a crock or if it is down to Arsenal's bad practices.

The one signing we really needed was a quality defensive midfielder. We have (in my opinion anyway) wasted time on Silva. Not the guy we needed and definitely not at that price.

Silva is not coming and we end the window without reinforcing the midfield or our Defence.

Should have focused on N'Zonzi.

Last edited:
Sky saying Slimani passed medical but it has gone quiet on the Adrien front.

Still wouldn't rule it out though but probs will just be Slimani.

Mercury stating Silva deal fallen through. Probably some brinkmanship occurring.

Very excited about Slimani, but not sure where he fits in the team. Presumedly he'll be taking Okazaki's place. But seeing how well he has started the season that seems harsh.

Midfield of 3 with Okazaki in an attacking midfield role. I absolutely agree that we are better with him in the team.

The one signing we really needed was a quality defensive midfielder. We have (in my opinion anyway) wasted time on Silva. Not the guy we needed and definitely not at that price.

Silva is not coming and we end the window without reinforcing the midfield or our Defence.

Should have focused on N'Zonzi.

How do you know that N'Zonzi was available?

There has been as good as an admission that we have been in for Silva. So (as I said before...in my opinion) we have wasted our time.

N'zonzi's release clause is reportedly 30mil. IF that is right, and IF the speculation that he was interested in moving back to the EPL was right then we could have broke even by selling Kante and replacing him like for like.

I'm no expert. It is not my job. I can only fix the stuff I am given to fix.

In fact, Ron-Robert Zieler is good at stopping stuff. Lets play him in midfield with Ben Hamer and have Hernandez in an attacking role.

Great news that we've signed someone who is a top goalscorer in a good european league (and who knows how to get the better of Porto) He will be a good addition at 6ft 2 as he should combine the presence of Ulloa with the energy and industry of Okazaki - all that whilst being a proven finisher at world cups, in european football and in a decent league in portugal.

That said - it doesn't alter the fact that we are a centre half/right back light and we are most certainly light a european class centre midfielder short. If we can't get Adrien Silva then i hope there is another deal in the offing that we aren't aware of. If, for instance, Drinkwater, gets injured. Then for all of the attacking firepower we have we will be left with Mendy and Amartey (unproven) and King (proven as just okay) to be our midfield to defend the title and go into the champs league....

Or just play Slimani. He will cost more than our title winning team so that must mean success right?

He might be lonely out there on his own though so let's get Scott Gemmill back. He knew where the midfield was (allegedly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363