Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2016 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester believe they have already found the ‘next Jamie Vardy
https://m.dreamteamfc.com/c/leicest...-_-DreamTeamSocial-_-419439673-_-Imageandlink
The reason vardys been such an amazing player is because he came firm the non league to where he is today; and the reason THAT'S special is because it's so rare to find such a good player from such a low league.
Who's to say this person will be the same, he's only 16 which reduces his chances of being a good player massively.
However if we win the league we will have the money to splash, and as long as the scouts are confident and he's not got a mega fee, why not take the risk?
I may sound as though I'm contradicting myself, but Mahrez has looked a bit toothless in the past few games and an
exiting player could hugely improve us if he's a good player.

I pointed this out a while ago. Now that both Spurs and Arsenal are using a similar recruitment approach, we're likely to be competing for the same players.
Absolutely. It's nice to be competing with clubs like these though, on all fronts. I'd rather we were battling them for a signing, than the Clubs we used to have to compete against.

Or perhaps Spurs just collect Dembeles. Got one, expecting to get another, now a third.....

At least this one has a different forename

I would be ****ing livid if we lost Kante for £20m

It would warrant a public flogging.

That doesn't mean we would sell him for that though does it?

It seems unlikely that only one club would be interested.

If more than one club were interested and they bid against each other?

If more than one club were interested and they bid against each other?

But that doesn't mean he has to sign for the highest bidder.
Once a release clause has been activated a player can sign for the club he wants to join. If clubs are prepared to pay extra they'd offer higher wages to the player, to persuade him to sign for them.

Can someone explain a 'release clause' please?

Is it just that if a buying club matches a 'release clause', they are automatically allowed to talk to the player, and if the player agrees to the move, the sale is done at the 'release clause' price?

Presumably if the player's value has increased dramatically since the 'release clause' was first agreed, the host club can still offer an improved contract to the player to persuade him to stay?

If we wanted to sell him for more than £20m he would have to sign a new contract with a higher release clause.

The fact his value has gone up over the season is irrelevant

But that doesn't mean he has to sign for the highest bidder.
Once a release clause has been activated a player can sign for the club he wants to join. If clubs are prepared to pay extra they'd offer higher wages to the player, to persuade him to sign for them.
Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670