Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not pretend last summers signings where anything other than crap.
But other than that our recruitment has been brilliant other the last 3-5 or so years. Basically since Pearson.

The fact is that it's possible for even the most talented of player to fail at one club and be brilliant at another.

Let's not pretend last summers signings where anything other than crap.
But other than that our recruitment has been brilliant other the last 3-5 or so years. Basically since Pearson.

The fact is that it's possible for even the most talented of player to fail at one club and be brilliant at another.

Yep. When Walsh left he must have conveniently left the list of players with N'Guessan and that on. Cheeky ****er.

It's obvious we disagree

I have a rational opinion, and yours is a load of complete horseshit

I think most of us agree about that

I think you'll find I have a rational opinion also. Not knocking yours.

We have done fantastically well over the last 5 years. Unfortunately you never understood what I said, Homer. I wasn't saying we've had a poor history of transfers. I was saying that marquee signings, such as Slimani, and hot prospect type signing such as Gray, have failed miserably over the last five or so years. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all I said.

I can't possibly understand how Homer has become so excessively aggressive over someone else's opinion.

Either way. All's well that ends well - hopefully we have a good season!

Gray has not failed. He is just not yet good enough to be picked ahead of Mahrez and Albrighton.

The problem is Gray and his agent think he is better than them.

Gray has not failed. He is just not yet good enough to be picked ahead of Mahrez and Albrighton.

The problem is Gray and his agent think he is better than them.
The problem is when they weren't producing neither were dropped like they should have been for Gray, of anyone else, to have a run in the team.

Believe what you like but I guarantee many players would have been pissed off that several players weren't dropped last season

The problem is when they weren't producing neither were dropped like they should have been for Gray, of anyone else, to have a run in the team.

Believe what you like but I guarantee many players would have been pissed off that several players weren't dropped last season

Can't argue against this.

A long period of pathetic performances weren't enough to see the 'top boys' dropped.

Would be fairly dispiriting to watch as a hungry player who is desperate to play.

Can't argue against this.

A long period of pathetic performances weren't enough to see the 'top boys' dropped.

Would be fairly dispiriting to watch as a hungry player who is desperate to play.

Of the 40 appearances Gray made last season, how many times did he replace Mahrez or Albrighton and was any good? Maybe 5? The rest he was next to useless.

No manager is going to deliberately weaken a team. If there is a better option, they'll play him. Gray is not a better option.

Of the 40 appearances Gray made last season, how many times did he replace Mahrez or Albrighton and was any good? Maybe 5? The rest he was next to useless.

No manager is going to deliberately weaken a team. If there is a better option, they'll play him. Gray is not a better option.

Exactly. I am sure even in his blinkered/catatonic state early last year, if Ranieri could a see a big difference in training between Gray and the others, he would have picked him.
Not even Gray wolfing down pasta rather than chicken nuggets and wedges was enough to impress.

Wesley Hiest currently in talks with Southampton about a £15.5m transfer REALLY??!!!! Top class left footed central defender come on Rudders get it sorted, absolutely ideal for our team

Wesley Hiest currently in talks with Southampton about a £15.5m transfer REALLY??!!!! Top class left footed central defender come on Rudders get it sorted, absolutely ideal for our team

No idea who that is but it sounds like a steal

What would you expect him to say?

Perhaps the truth 'Everton offered me £125k a week and Leicester £100k per week, no brainier really?'

Is it just me or why would I care whether I was on £100k or £125 a week? Not everyone is completely mercenary and money besotted.

Everton are an established premier league team. Apart from a brief flirt with trouble more than a few years ago, they haven't looked like leaving the top division for a very long time.
Joining us from Swansea, whether we like it or not, would be the proverbial out of the frying pan into the fire.
We have a long way to go before we can claim to be an 'established' premier league team.

Or maybe ... Everton offered me a chance of European football.
Any club could 'offer' a chance of European football and cite us as an example of what 'could' happen. It doesn't mean that it will happen. If you think he signed for Everton over us simply based on their manager then you are wrong.
There are lots of factors we will never know about which would have been far more of an influence on his decision, not least of all the fact that we didn't have an offer accepted and so he had no choice of us and the terms of the contract he has been offered at Everton. I'm pretty sure had we the capacity to offer him 250 grand a week (I am not suggesting we should have done before the inevitable) or some such, he wouldn't care who was in charge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570