Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately putting all of our eggs in the one, Vardy shaped, basket will be our undoing.

Would people rather we were a shit, mid table boring non-entity like Stoke? I love having a talismanic striker. Yes, as some point he will leave, and we'll be screwed for a little while, but it's totally worth the ride. If we'd opted for the 'let's play it safe and make sure everything is covered rather than only doing it one way' we wouldn't have won the premier league.

That sent- sentiment echoed. We can't afford to lost Vardy at this late stage of the window. I don't think we'd get relegated though.

It's not that he could leave that bothers me (because I'm not sure that he will), but should he get injured and be out for a couple of months we will HAVE to adapt or we'll drop like a stone.

Just came across this on the BBC Sports Day page:

13:16
Chelsea still trying to close out Drinkwater deal
Football

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Chelsea's pursuit of Danny Drinkwater shows no sign of reaching an immediate conclusion.

The Premier League champions want to reunite Drinkwater with former Leicester team-mate N'golo Kante at Stamford Bridge.

But despite a number of inquiries, the two clubs remain apart in their valuations, with Leicester using the £40m fee Chelsea got from Manchester United for Nemanja Matic, who is two years older than Drinkwater, as the yardstick.

Musa should always have been used as a Vardy backup rather than a winger. If he had a run in the team in his correct position (due to injury I suppose) I'm pretty sure he'd come good

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Would people rather we were a shit, mid table boring non-entity like Stoke? I love having a talismanic striker. Yes, as some point he will leave, and we'll be screwed for a little while, but it's totally worth the ride. If we'd opted for the 'let's play it safe and make sure everything is covered rather than only doing it one way' we wouldn't have won the premier league.

That sent- sentiment echoed. We can't afford to lost Vardy at this late stage of the window. I don't think we'd get relegated though.
Bang on.

Letting Drinkwater go would be total and utter madness, letting Vardy go would be the full Charlie Sheen.

We don't have to sell either. Doing so would suggest that the club are beginning to concentrate more on cashing in on their season of glory than trying to replicate it.

there is no way in hell Chelsea will pay what we would demand for a 30 year old striker, especially after spending what they have on Morata

There's no way Vardy's going anywhere. We'd want an astronomical fee because of his importance to us, but no club in their right mind would pay that because of his age, especially if he wasn't first choice.

The flapping season has started.

There is no way on earth our owners would allow any more than one of our 'crown jewels' to leave. And no way in a million years that it would be Vardy. He had his chance last summer.

It's most likely nobody to leave, followed closely by losing one of Mahrez or Drinkwater.

Personally, I don't give a toss that there is a week of the window left. If we cannot replace any potential departure, our window should be shut already.

Look around, feck all is happening in the transfer market. If major moves were going to happen, they'd have started by now.

Also from Vardy's POV, is he going to want to go to Chelsea and be on the bench for most of the season, playing second fiddle to Morata? Particularly given his age and that it's a World Cup year?

He's already a regular in the England squad so he doesn't need to go to a bigger club to get the international recognition - it's more important for him to be playing regularly to show what he can do.

Thank **** we got Ulloa tied down when we did.

I know it was only Sheff U the other day but Slimani looked fitter, sharper and better than ever on Tuesday.

As much as I thought Deeney would have been the perfect partner for Vardy last summer, I'd much rather us stick with the 4 of Slim, Vardy, Okazaki and Nachos, sell Leo and let the moose out on loan somewhere.

No more attackers are needed if we don't sell any starters, right back and centre mid or defender should be where we are looking at right now.

I know it was only Sheff U the other day but Slimani looked fitter, sharper and better than ever on Tuesday.

As much as I thought Deeney would have been the perfect partner for Vardy last summer, I'd much rather us stick with the 4 of Slim, Vardy, Okazaki and Nachos, sell Leo and let the moose out on loan somewhere.

No more attackers are needed if we don't sell any starters, right back and centre mid or defender should be where we are looking at right now.
Did you notice anywhere we have just given Leo a new contract?

looking at how fit and sharp Slimani was, if Vardy were to do his hamstring and miss a month or so I would be very confident in Slimani filling in, we would have to adjust slightly obviously but I think we need to do that anyway and not limit Vardy to chasing balls in the channel, especially as he gets older

I think Okazaki will be a key player for us, no matter who plays in front of him, Vardy, Slimani or Ulloa.

I know some people on here deride him as a bit of a joke, but for the first 60 minutes of a game I look upon him as our offensive version of Kante.

Papers now suggesting Chelsea are bidding for Llorente. Make your minds up.

Can't help but agree with an earlier comment that some of this is intended to help push the betting markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566