Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Okazaki will be a key player for us, no matter who plays in front of him, Vardy, Slimani or Ulloa.

I know some people on here deride him as a bit of a joke, but for the first 60 minutes of a game I look upon him as our offensive version of Kante.

I'm an Okazaki fan too, what he adds to the team is something beyond his own abilities. He's a vital part of our shape. Yes he falls over, and is a master of the pained expression, but I'd not be without him.

I don't think we see him much beyond 60 minutes to know how effective he might be in the last half hour!

I'm an Okazaki fan too, what he adds to the team is something beyond his own abilities. He's a vital part of our shape. Yes he falls over, and is a master of the pained expression, but I'd not be without him.

I don't think we see him much beyond 60 minutes to know how effective he might be in the last half hour!

His batteries run flat at 60 minutes. Maybe Okazaki should switch from Chicken nuggets to Duracell batteries.

The poor fella, it just doesn't seem to being going right for him with us. I bet he just wants out at the moment - to move on and forget about it all.

Must be awful, sitting around all day with nothng to do but count your money, which you have received for doing precisely feck all

Perhaps we should hold a benefit mach for him, or something

Musa should always have been used as a Vardy backup rather than a winger. If he had a run in the team in his correct position (due to injury I suppose) I'm pretty sure he'd come good

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
And he scored as a striker, yet again, when he switched there at the end of the game against The Blades on Tuesday night.
He is NOT a winger!!

What a lot of self indulgent shit

Boo hoo, i have to earn my thirty grand a week somewhere else, how on earth am I going to break it to my wife and kids

It is incredible how much of a bubble they live in. If most people get told they're not needed at work they may get a couple of weeks pay and wonder when they'll have to give the keys to their house away. I really sympathise with these footballers and their lives.

I'd forgotten we had spunked a whopping £13m on Mendy before reading that article.

We really did horrendously **** up last summer didn't we?

Nobody ever left, or been unhappy at, a job even when it pays well? Nobody being asked to live in an area they don't like? Nobody made a mistake on a decision to join a new place and it hasn't worked out?

How fortunate for you all.

Nobody ever left, or been unhappy at, a job even when it pays well? Nobody being asked to live in an area they don't like? Nobody made a mistake on a decision to join a new place and it hasn't worked out?

How fortunate for you all.

Done all of those things, pays well probably being not as well as a footballer of course. My heart bleeds for the poor little mites. If only they could be advised to not piss away their money and could retire after a year or so to not have the stress.

Would be a bit more sympathetic if they at least acknowledged the link between monstrous salaries and the lack of job security. Can't have it both ways

I expect the usual response to this but I think Mendy has had some serious personal issues. His wife was due a baby this time last year and he was coming and going from France. Before he was injured he missed a game because of this. He was then injured and very quickly seemed to disappear to France and hardly be seen again for months.

He may well have not wanted to come here in the first place and was forced to by his old club for the money. He's then come here, picked up an injury (I maintain it wasn't as bad as made out) and had demanding issues with his family.

In that context, which contains assumptions but not silly ones, what's happened with him is no surprise. He's now clearly not wanted even if he wanted to stay either. So another club are trying to get rid of him.

I'm pretty sure that he's good player that would have been a good asset had Steve Walsh remained and supported/integrated him into the club rather than disappearing.

Yes, he's making money through all this that will mitigate any other issues but money means feck all in life really once you've got enough to get by. There are many more important things.

I may have missed this debate, but the absence of Drinkwater (again) is pissing me off.

He's not injured, he's been training for two weeks now and was fine through most of pre-season. However, as soon as the rumours about Chelsea started, he's disappeared with a nonsense 'injury' and 'fitness' issues.

Contrast that with Mahrez who hasn't hidden at all and has been giving his all throughout. I know which of the pair I want to stay and which one I'm started not to give a toss about any more.

He started training 8 days ago, and only joined in training with the other players on Monday.
Aye, but Jese Rodriguez had one training session with the Stoke lads and in he goes. Drinks should be ready to go by now. It's not as if there are wholesale changes to the starting XI

I know **** all but that's not going to stop me from posting a load of old bollocks as though it's absolute fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566