Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, he's doing it ten times a second in every thread now.

z0iAYIx.gif

I think the addition of Harvey Barnes, Tom Lawrence and Matty James will be like three new signings for the premier league squad next year, giving us free competition for places,
We need to focus on centre half and should be looking at Gibson and Chambers at Boro, Kone at Sunderland, Ranocchia at Hull and any of the scouted Europeans weve looked at (ie Acerbi and
. 2 are needed so we can manage the decline of Huth and Morgan over the course of the season.
Jordan Pickford or Tom Heaton should be bought in if (as seems likely) we lose Schmeichel for a heap of cash when De Gea leaves United for Real. Failing that i'd go for Joe Hart or Jon Ruddy.

Mahrez seems to be widely reported to be off and if thats true he would command a £30m + fee. Based on that and the massive war chest we've accrued from the champions league run (£66m) you would think we will be in the market for a serious international attacking midfielder and/or winger to offer competition to albrighton and gray.

Lastly - you would imagine Ulloa and Musa will go for a combined £10m or so meaning we will need 2 strikers in to support Vardy, Slimani and Okazaki. Hard to say who we'll go for here but i' d be back in for Deeney for sure who could play the Okazaki role even better. Upcoming players like Tammy Abraham. and also underused quality players like Kelechi Iheanacho and Nolito at Man City who could really kick on at Leicester.

Hopefully with the money we've generated through the efforts this season we'll be able to get some serious business done before the season starts so that we can plan more effectively than we did this season. We've got a big chance to become a fully fledged top 6 club I believe if we can remind would be recruits of how big a club we are, what we have achieved that the likes of Everton, Southampton etc have been trying and failing to do for years and how great a move Leicester is for 80% of players in the Prem and top achievers in other leagues.

We need to focus on centre half and should be looking at Gibson and Chambers at Boro, Kone at Sunderland, Ranocchia at Hull

I'm never quite sure of the desire to take central defenders from relegated clubs. Isn't it their inability to prevent their opponents scoring that is a major reason for the failure of their team?

I'm never quite sure of the desire to take central defenders from relegated clubs. Isn't it their inability to prevent their opponents scoring that is a major reason for the failure of their team?

Not the case with Boro. Their defensive record is better than ours, and only just worse than Arsenal and Liverpool.

Not the case with Boro. Their defensive record is better than ours, and only just worse than Arsenal and Liverpool.

Righto - then get Gibson and Chambers in tout de suite

No.

Maybe they didn't score many goals because the midfield had to spend more time covering the defence?

Maybe they didn't score many goals because the midfield had to spend more time covering the defence?

Maybe not. Football, eh?

I'd suggest trying to survive with Gestede and Bamford being supported by a winger who can't kick a ball straight and an over the hill Downing is difficult.

Negredo decent enough but got no support whatsoever.

Leicester, in the form of Ranieri, promised he could leave - but there is no buy-out clause? Does that seem likely?

No, because it's complete bollocks

If we do get a crazy bid that we want to accept, then that's another matter

I remember seeing CR interviewed when he said he had asked his players (I think at the time he was referring to RM and JV) to "give me one more year"

Ranieri said: “I feel it is possible, maybe, to keep all the Leicester players.

“It is important for us but it is important also for them because they don’t know the Champions League. If they go away, it is not good for them. It is much better if they improve another year here and then go wherever they want.

“But I have said so many times if one player comes to me and says ‘Gaffer, I want to go’, then I leave him to go because it is okay.”

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/ranieri-tells-leicester-players-stay-one-year-370794

"Mahrez believes that he has honoured his side of the bargain after giving Leicester another season"

That's debatable.

When he's given Leicester another season he should go back to the honourable Top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566