Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to replace Sanchez at Arsenal isn't he? I can see it clear as day.

He'll probably be amazing for them too. I just hope we screw them for every penny we can get. Or get Chambers and Oxlade-Chamberlain in part exchange.

He'll probably be amazing for them too. I just hope we screw them for every penny we can get. Or get Chambers and Oxlade-Chamberlain in part exchange.

Some grim exchange that. We'll always have memories of last season but he does need to be let go for his sake and ours. Unless our valuation last summer took the piss beyond imagination and he was promised a move at the end of this season I don't get why he's stuck around.

As long as the move is right for the club, i.e. we don't get stiffed (which no doubt will be the case if Arsenal are after him) then I won't be too fussed. We've not seen the best of him this year. He has picked up in the last few months since Ranieri went but we know he has a bit of an attitude. If the fee is fair then you can't argue too much. At the same time it will be a shame to lose someone of his great ability. We've got to be asking an absolute minimum £30m.

I read an article a while ago suggesting we were close to signing Oxlade-Chamberlain last summer.

Would not be surprised if last summer we gave him a new contract to up his money, keep him happy, and enhance the value we could get for him later (and possibly knock on the head a release clause if there was one).

Would also not be surprised if we said to him he could go at the end of that 'champions league year' which was probably sold to him as something special which would cement him as an exceptional talent if the team punched above its weight.

It did (if only in the CL)...he's going to go isn't he?

...and even more depressingly, everyone else seems to be reporting this too. Not classy before the season has even ended.

...and even more depressingly, everyone else seems to be reporting this too. Not classy before the season has even ended.

He's contributed pretty much **** all this season. He's been off before a ball was even kicked. He can go if he wants. Kante leaving only beefed me as I thought he was better than Chelsea. Kante could have gone to a big European club but he went to them, fair enough as he seems chuffed to bits (as he did at little Leicester to be fair to the lad). Mahrez on the other hand has stood about doing cock all with the imaginary 5000 players marking him every game. He's been held against his will no doubt and all should be happy with a bumper transfer.

He's contributed pretty much **** all this season. He's been off before a ball was even kicked. He can go if he wants. Kante leaving only beefed me as I thought he was better than Chelsea. Kante could have gone to a big European club but he went to them, fair enough as he seems chuffed to bits (as he did at little Leicester to be fair to the lad). Mahrez on the other hand has stood about doing cock all with the imaginary 5000 players marking him every game. He's been held against his will no doubt and all should be happy with a bumper transfer.
£40-50 million?

£40-50 million?

Valuations are ****ed these days. John Stones was £50m yet you hear Keane, Gibson etc at £20m. Sissoko who is proven shite was £30m. Above £30m wouldn't seem daft to me (in old money) but we could ask for more if we promise he may come with some interest in playing football. Prefer we ask for a bazillion like.

If he wanted to leave in a year then why did he sign a 3 year contract?

insurance against injury or lazy ass play.

how can anyone critisize our greatest ever player, he won us the league and this year has had to deal with 4 players marking him around the pitch. you should just be happy that he makes 1 incredible piece of magic every month. Most players can't do that.

We will sell him for way less than he should be I'm sure of it.

At his best he's easily twice the player of Sterling or numerous other big fee players.

£50m or **** yourselves

We will sell him for way less than he should be I'm sure of it.

At his best he's easily twice the player of Sterling or numerous other big fee players.

£50m or **** yourselves

agreed. £50m or make him stay for another year.

Arsenal can not afford him

If Mahrez were to decide to leave, and we cannot secure a suitably high price on the back of proven performance/ability from last year, we can at least bench him if he throws a big sulk because he wants away. We do have his high wages, but not a huge transfer fee to cover. £5million in wages next season is small if compared with the difference in a possible transfer fee of say between £20million and £50million if we play hard ball on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566