Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire was in Steve Walsh's little black book for years. I think I'm right in saying that we almost signed him from Sheff Utd five years ago for about £500k.

He went to Hull when they inherited Walsh's little black book. Looks like we're now doing the same thing as Hull did - sign up players that Walsh wanted long after he's left the club.

Astonishing amount of money for him if true that the fee is in excess of £15m. He's a good player but not that good in my opinion.

I actually don't think there are many good center backs around at the moment. When we were looking last year we really didn't have too many options. Since then Keane, Gibson and Hardy have really shined.

I actually don't think there are many good center backs around at the moment. When we were looking last year we really didn't have too many options. Since then Keane, Gibson and Hardy have really shined.
He's a good actor but even he couldn't pull off being a Prem player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40271696

Interesting mention of Jonny Evans in there, too:

Leicester City are expected to announce the signing of Hull City defender Harry Maguire in a £17m deal.

BBC Radio Humberside understands a £12m fee with add-ons has been agreed and a medical has been completed.

Sheffield United will also profit as they agreed a sell-on clause with Hull - thought to be 10% of any fee over the £3m they got for Maguire, 24, in 2014.

Leicester are also believed to have had a bid of about £10m for defender Jonny Evans turned down by West Brom.

The Northern Ireland captain, 29, moved to The Hawthorns from Manchester United in 2015.

Careful Homer, you're being negative again. You'll have the Federation of Internet Forums after you again ;)

Maguire was in Steve Walsh's little black book for years. I think I'm right in saying that we almost signed him from Sheff Utd five years ago for about £500k.

He went to Hull when they inherited Walsh's little black book. Looks like we're now doing the same thing as Hull did - sign up players that Walsh wanted long after he's left the club.

Astonishing amount of money for him if true that the fee is in excess of £15m. He's a good player but not that good in my opinion.

You've beaten me too it, I too believed that we would have signed him from the blades.

Let us hope that this is indeed hysterical, annoying, traditional and, most importantly, unfounded

Why? He's a decent centre back at this level.

Why? He's a decent centre back at this level.

No, he's a bang average chugger - just about scrapes through as a Premier League player, but no more than that

Half decent journeymen chuggers who are just about good enough, is not where we should be in the transfer market

No, he's a bang average chugger - just about scrapes through as a Premier League player, but no more than that

Half decent journeymen chuggers who are just about good enough, is not where we should be in the transfer market

Sounds quite similar to what you said when we signed Morgan.

And to be fair, half decent journeymen chuggers who are just about good enough, would be a massive improvement on last summers transfer window.

Sounds quite similar to what you said when we signed Morgan.

And to be fair, half decent journeymen chuggers who are just about good enough, would be a massive improvement on last summers transfer window.

Sounds just like Morgan now.

Would be ideal as the third centre half in the squad, but I wouldn't be sure about him being in the first XI

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Why are people so negative? He's only 24, but played in Premier League so he knows what it is about. As someone else pointed out, the Wes Morgan signing was met with derision, and he was older than Maguire is now, and what a signing Wes turned out to be. We still need another central defender, but I'm happy with this as a first step. We are obviously still looking to add to the defensive options, lets see how the rest of the window goes before consigning ourselves to a relegation scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566