Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was banging my head against a brick wall saying this. There are many ways to skin a cat, we use our wide men and speed in attack. Using someone like siggurdson would mean a total change of play for everyone - are they up to that?

But wouldn't Sigurdsson just fit into the Okazaki role, just a better version? I'm not quite sure as to why it would mean a total change of play.

But wouldn't Sigurdsson just fit into the Okazaki role, just a better version? I'm not quite sure as to why it would mean a total change of play.
Okazaki plays as a high ball winning midfielder, Sigurdsson would be a high playmaker, different jobs, Sigurdsson would be reliant on us having more possession than we normally have

Which is all ****ing mental as Ulloa shouldn't be in a position to make wage demands.

It must have been more than annoying for those players that didn't get fat contract improvements last summer. Some had their salaries tripled whilst others (who contributed as much) got nothing.

It wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the cause of much of Ulloa's posturing last season.

Agreed, apart from the bit about winning the ball.
its the closest comparison of what he is picked to do, his job is the put pressure on the deep midfielder and try to nick the ball then get up to support Vardy, its a job he does really well and he wins the ball quite a lot too

That's why most of what you say is garbage man. ;)

We can upgrade Okazaki in a 100 different ways.

If we replace Okazaki with Sigurdsson then everyone has to change. Okazaki runs around, falls over and runs around some more. Sigurdsson passes the ball. The rest of the team don't take any notice of Okazaki on the field but with Sigurdsson they would have to.

It must have been more than annoying for those players that didn't get fat contract improvements last summer. Some had their salaries tripled whilst others (who contributed as much) got nothing.

It wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the cause of much of Ulloa's posturing last season.

Because he wasn't paid enough for doing sweet FA. Do you know what he was paid last season?

Because he wasn't paid enough for doing sweet FA. Do you know what he was paid last season?

I do know that his head wasn't right in pre-season. before he'd even not been picked. Why did someone like Andy King deserve a massive rise and extended contract whereas Ulloa got nothing?

It was arbitrary and pissed off both players and backroom staff. In the context of them all being over-paid for what they do, I don't blame him for his mardy strops last season one bit.

If we sign Iheanacho i think we can safely say Mahrez is gone...

Why - they are fundamentally different players, playing in completely different positions

It's like saying if we sign Gibson we can safely say Schmeichel is gone

I do know that his head wasn't right in pre-season. before he'd even not been picked. Why did someone like Andy King deserve a massive rise and extended contract whereas Ulloa got nothing?

It was arbitrary and pissed off both players and backroom staff. In the context of them all being over-paid for what they do, I don't blame him for his mardy strops last season one bit.
contracts are always arbitrary based on value to the team and how long you had left on the current deal, King played far more than Ulloa did in the title winning season and was on less money then and had less time on his contract so got an extension first

Ridiculous nonsense.

He's paid ridiculous money - this isn't a communist society - his mardy strops were crippling to the team. He's a bit part and should have been gotten rid off after that.

Let's just use Slimani instead, we already have him.

Massive upgrade.
not if you want Slimani to play in the same way we used Shinji he isn't he's a massive downgrade, to play Slimani we need to change tactics

not if you want Slimani to play in the same way we used Shinji he isn't he's a massive downgrade, to play Slimani we need to change tactics

We didn't buy Slmani to play like a smiling headless chicken. We bought him to score goals - with Albrighton banging in crosses and Mahrez slipping in passes, he's ideal.

Shinji is a championship level striker, like Ulloa.

Why would we waste what makes Siggurdsson good by making him run around and fall over a lot? We could just get a 3 legged pit bull?

If we're paying all that cash for Siggy then we're buying him to pass that ball around the pitch (and hopefully score more than the little man).

We didn't buy Slmani to play like a smiling headless chicken. We bought him to score goals - with Albrighton banging in crosses and Mahrez slipping in passes, he's ideal.

Shinji is a championship level striker, like Ulloa.
well if that's what we bought him for someone should have made Mahre play on the left wing as Albrighton never bangs in crosses on the left

Why would we waste what makes Siggurdsson good by making him run around and fall over a lot? We could just get a 3 legged pit bull?

If we're paying all that cash for Siggy then we're buying him to pass that ball around the pitch (and hopefully score more than the little man).
in a 442 Sigurdsson should replace Drinkwater, he does everything people think Drinkwater does and he scores goals, he also plays that role for Iceland, I just hope that Shakey has ditched that formation and told the players to shut up as its not coming back

That's why most of what you say is garbage man. ;)

We can upgrade Okazaki in a 100 different ways.

If we replace Okazaki with Sigurdsson then everyone has to change. Okazaki runs around, falls over and runs around some more. Sigurdsson passes the ball. The rest of the team don't take any notice of Okazaki on the field but with Sigurdsson they would have to.

At least you can spell his name correctly now.

Let's just use Slimani instead, we already have him.

Massive upgrade.

Ah yes of course...Slimani instead of Okazaki will mean no one has to change - they're clearly the same style of player.

That's why most of what you say is garbage man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566