Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it staggering that some fans think a player can spend nearly 2 years on a treatment table, and not only will he be able to play as well as he could before, Championship level, but that magically by sitting around he would have improved to the same extent that Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater have.

£7 or £7million, let him go. Someone will probably clatter him in the first couple of weeks and he will be out for another 2 years.

He is another Matt Piper, not that I wish further injuries upon him.

Except he's already played more than a couple of weeks and by all accounts played very well. Still if you've seen him "in the flesh" I'll go with your opinion.

Agreed. Great Championship player.

You think that "great championship" player equals poor "prem player"?

Ulloa and Okazaki are merely good,old championship players and we're keeping them - then again I'm sure no-one has made an offer for them.

All these good to great championship players we've got, how the flying feck did we win the PREMIER league ???

Fickkeboneheads comes to mind!

Defense, Kanté, Mahrez and Vardy with CR sprinkled on top. That's how.

All these good to great championship players we've got, how the flying feck did we win the PREMIER league ???

Players are only good enough these days if you spend a minimum £50m on them.

You think that "great championship" player equals poor "prem player"?

Nowhere have I said that.

But in Matty James's case, it definitely does.

Except he's already played more than a couple of weeks and by all accounts played very well. Still if you've seen him "in the flesh" I'll go with your opinion.

Would you buy a used car that was in for repairs for two years, with no guarantee of no further problems?

And since when did an opinion require seeing something, rather than using history and events as a guide to the future?

I'm struggling to think of the "Proven Premier League Quality" players we have ever signed, i.e clocking up 100+ appearances within a 3-4 year period. I may be missing some obvious ones, but Robert Huth, Paul Konchesky, Stephen Clemence and Matt Oakley are the ones who came to mind and they were all the wrong side of thirty and out of favour when they signed for us.

Why Matty James (a favourite of mine) always brings out this toxic mix of entitlement blended with the grass is greener is baffling to me (as a Matty James fan) - from the clips I saw of his spell at Barnsley, he trundled through the second half of a season carrying a bit of weght, injecting some creativity and flair into a hard-working, energetic, well-motivated side, punching above their weight in the second tier. Probably not what we want next season, but it's not clear what it is we do want so far but "none of the above" is my reaction to most of the names in this thread.

Would you buy a used car that was in for repairs for two years, with no guarantee of no further problems?

What car or player can guarantee no further problems.

Look at Mendy, came here in fine fettle got injured and never returned. In case you missed it James practiced in every session and played in every game whilst on loan without any problems. You better get in your reliable Lada and leave the Jaguars to us.

Read articles today about shakespeare saying he wants more defensive signings. Badly need another CB and RB - at least cover but preferably starting material - haven't heard any solid rumours on players recently; at least since Jonny Evans.

You don't half talk some absolute bollocks. Everyone involved in that side week after week was responsible for that success. It was the ultimate example of team success and not to any individuals

That's your opinion.

It's pretty much the general opinion.

And yours. But it doesn't necessarily make it correct.

Anyone who thinks we'd have won the title without Kanté or Vardy or Mahrez is kidding themselves. But nothing new there.

Read articles today about shakespeare saying he wants more defensive signings. Badly need another CB and RB - at least cover but preferably starting material - haven't heard any solid rumours on players recently; at least since Jonny Evans.
We're still rumoured to be keen on Gibson, just not Middlesbrough's asking price.

No idea about RB, but we do need somebody, as Simpson can't be expected to play every single game

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FIF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572