Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James is good enough to be in our CM next season. Amazed you guys can't see his class.

Balls to selling him to Derby for £4m!

May as well keep him for the last year of his contract and would be a decent squad player if he stays fit and can match his great escape levels of playing.

James is good enough to be in our CM next season. Amazed you guys can't see his class.

He wasn't very good when he was playing for us. He'll have hardly improved sitting in the physio's room for two years.

Balls to selling him to Derby for £4m!

May as well keep him for the last year of his contract and would be a decent squad player if he stays fit and can match his great escape levels of playing.
there's so much misremembering how well he was playing going on, he was fine, Cambiasso was the key man, when James went off and Andy King replaced him we didn't miss him a bit, if anything we had an added goal threat as Matt James shite like the love child of Junior Lewis and Akinbadbuy

James is very good at Championship level and proved it again at Barnsley last season. I wouldn't be aversed to letting him go but I think he's worth more than £4m. Personally I think he's about on a par with Drinkwater ability wise..... would we sell Drinkwater for £4m? Noop...

If we want to aim for a relegation fight then James is the exact sort of player we should be looking to have in the squad. A good Championship player who can on occasions can be an average Premier League player. He is no more than that and nothing he has done, even during the great escape in which his role was somewhat limited, has shown otherwise. If we were signing James from another club there wouldn't be a single City fan who was excited about it.

Personally I think he's about on a par with Drinkwater ability wise.....

Except he isn't tho'.

Matty James who has spent approximately 2 years injured. A club is interested and he suddenly becomes a multi million pound player. The world has gone mad.

Matty James.

Tidy, but unspectacular.
Does not warrant a first team place

4m is a respectable sum to recoup. Sell and improve.
Would be roughly the same for King, but I would expect about 7 for him.

If Jack Cork is going to Burnley, we must be able to attract some decent players. If we exchange Matty's spot for Adrien Silva, we've got it right.

Matty James.

Tidy, but unspectacular.
Does not warrant a first team place

4m is a respectable sum to recoup. Sell and improve.
Would be roughly the same for King, but I would expect about 7 for him.

If Jack Cork is going to Burnley, we must be able to attract some decent players. If we exchange Matty's spot for Adrien Silva, we've got it right.

£7m for Andy King? Behave.

I would rather have James as a known entity in the squad to help out when we need him rather than a kid or a 10m quid Mendy shaped anomaly in the squad. Get rid of Mendy and Musa. Keep Barnes, James and Lawrence....

Word

I find it staggering that some fans think a player can spend nearly 2 years on a treatment table, and not only will he be able to play as well as he could before, Championship level, but that magically by sitting around he would have improved to the same extent that Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater have.

£7 or £7million, let him go. Someone will probably clatter him in the first couple of weeks and he will be out for another 2 years.

He is another Matt Piper, not that I wish further injuries upon him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669