Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Lawrence may be off to Derby who are prepared to pay £7m for him.

Player supposedly keen too as just wants to play regular football now.

I'm sure we could get Mccarthy for £50m too. Perhaps we should just go ahead and do it.

Sigurdsson isn't worth £50m to us.
I'm sure we could get Junior Lewis back for that too. See, I can make ridiculous comparisons as well.

The market is what it is and we can do nothing about it. Sigurdsson will go for close to £50m to someone whether we agree that he is worth this or not. I'd like him here and if we've already offered 40m then the extra 10m just to see the deal done now, saving us time and allowing us to move forward is a drop in the ocean in terms of our resources. Spending 50m on McCarthy isn't comparable as I am sure you know.

I'd be slightly disappointed to see Slimani go, particularly if it's on loan as has been touted, but agree he has most resale value.

I was confused by the Ulloa news, but coupled with the reports we'll let Slimani go I think it makes sense. Agree with City Fan that as a bench/back-up option then Ulloa is fine.
personally I think Slimanni has been cropped for a few seasons, did we not buy him knowing he had a niggle?

Slimani's part in Mahrez's come and get me plea to Chelsea means he can get ****ed as far as I care. Embarrassing stuff. Aye he can head a ball if it's in a specific spot in the six yard box with the sun at a particular angle and when clouds are fluffy....or someshit. But aye, get ****ed mate.

I see our winning the title with team ethics and proper hard work has even been forgotten by our own fans.

We've already proven that there are other, more 'Leicester' ways of gaining success.

Spunking huge cash on every single target just because it's the done thing is bollocks.

Let's get back to getting our already overpaid footballers to actually give some of what they have already shown they are capable of.

£50m, FFS....

I see our winning the title with team ethics and proper hard work has even been forgotten by our own fans.

We've already proven that there are other, more 'Leicester' ways of gaining success.

Spunking huge cash on every single target just because it's the done thing is bollocks.

Let's get back to getting our already overpaid footballers to actually give some of what they have already shown they are capable of.

£50m, FFS....

What we did really was the 5000:1 thing. It can't be easily copied - perhaps especially by us.

At the sums of money being quoted I think LCFC should pick one player we really want and go for him. Hopefully Keletchi, as this seems to be a done deal.

As Ive said before one more player would be fine for now, we could then get on and concentrate on pre season preparation.

Sell players who want away, (also for stupid prices), and plan our next potential squad improvement with one or two players for the future, and only then pay the ridiculously inflated price to get the player(s) we need.

Agreed. Amazed by how many people think we should just pay it...

Football transfer fees have gone mad (yet again), but not that mad.

Sure there's cheaper alternatives. If we just paid every time then it sets a precedent in future - and if we go down again any time soon then admin beckons. Fees need to be justified still.

James Rodriguez has gone to Bayern on loan, and they need to pay £32m to make the transfer permanent. Surely puts some perspective to this...

For 50 Million we could and should be able to sign a better standard of player that is not saying his pants BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669