Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We missed out on Keane last season for 5mill, if we really want GS pay the money with no regrets, it may be the difference between 10th and 6th and European qualification.

What the absolute feckin' feck is going on...

Sources: Leonardo Ulloa close to new deal at #lcfc after Shakey tells him he is part of his plans, despite Kelechi Iheanacho signing close.

— Rob Dorsett (@RobDorsettSky) July 11, 2017

What the absolute feckin' feck is going on...

Sources: Leonardo Ulloa close to new deal at #lcfc after Shakey tells him he is part of his plans, despite Kelechi Iheanacho signing close.

— Rob Dorsett (@RobDorsettSky) July 11, 2017

I think this has sealed Slimani's fate personally.

It looks as though Shakey sees the front partnership as Vardy and Kelechi. Pace in abundance.

He then presumably feels that Ulloa is good enough should he ever decide to mix it up, and that a £30m Slimani sitting on the bench is a waste.

It is probable that if Ulloa wants to be a starter, he will have to drop down a division, and drop salary.

Maybe a well paid bench position in the Premier League is now looking more attractive to him.

Reactions: FIF
I think this has sealed Slimani's fate personally.

It looks as though Shakey sees the front partnership as Vardy and Kelechi. Pace in abundance.

He then presumably feels that Ulloa is good enough should he ever decide to mix it up, and that a £30m Slimani sitting on the bench is a waste.

Probably right. If Ulloa is staying, at least one of Shinji, Slimani or Musa are on the outs I'd have thought.

Slimani has the greatest resale value, in terms of cutting our losses.

Great with his head at the back post. Not convinced that a striker who cannot/will not shoot with his feet is versatile enough to warrant his place in the team..

Fine in a team that just wants to play hoof ball into the penalty box all day long, but I think we are trying to move past that to hoof ball into the channels for that lazy fecker Vardy to chase!

I'd be slightly disappointed to see Slimani go, particularly if it's on loan as has been touted, but agree he has most resale value.

I was confused by the Ulloa news, but coupled with the reports we'll let Slimani go I think it makes sense. Agree with City Fan that as a bench/back-up option then Ulloa is fine.

I was hoping that Mahrez leaving would enable Albrighton to play on the right.
Getting in the crosses for Slimani to head into the back of the net.
Oh well

In theory just getting the ball anywhere near Vardy's feet in and around the penalty box was supposed to result in a goal as well!

I'd be slightly disappointed to see Slimani go, particularly if it's on loan as has been touted, but agree he has most resale value.

I was confused by the Ulloa news, but coupled with the reports we'll let Slimani go I think it makes sense. Agree with City Fan that as a bench/back-up option then Ulloa is fine.

Ulloa us shit. He was our level when we were battling relegation, he's hopeless with his feet and incapable of running. If slimani is being sold that means we're back to banging the ball forward in the hope that Vardy can get on the end of it. In which case we may as well move to a midfield 3, to strengthen our defence. albrighton as an attacking force is nullified with no big man to hit so I guess he'd be best let go or made into a wingback and we go 3:5:2

Re-signing Ulloa is a bad sign for the future.

How the **** does giving a player who wanted out due to lack of game time a new contract make any sense?

Has he miraculously decided he lives sitting on the bench now?

Oh and Spurs can **** off, in every regard.

How the **** does giving a player who wanted out due to lack of game time a new contract make any sense?

Has he miraculously decided he lives sitting on the bench now?

Oh and Spurs can **** off, in every regard.

Agreed

None of the serious Spurs fans that I know think they are in for Iheanacho. They would be very surprised if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669