Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the dire, hit and hope football we've been playing all season. He'd be in my starting 11 at the moment.

What about hijacking Boro's £10 million move for Patrick Bamford?

Hasn't he been somewhat disappointing the last couple of years. unable to even get onto the pitch for loan teams?

We should sell Ulloa if £10m is on offer.
even with no target man to replace him in Jan.
He has been USELESS every time I've seen him this year. Weak hold up play. Slow link up play. Doesn't get in the box enough. Slow to react to chances.
We have Vardy, Okazaki, Musa, Gray to play the next couple of games which will take us to the end of AFCON.
we do need a number 10 to help us hold possession link better and better more creative but it is not Ulloa and Ulloa is 4th in the pecking order at best to play up front for me.
we tried to sign Lucas Perez to do that role and Silva so they shouldn't forget we still need it.
I'm really not sure ramirez is the man for a high energy, pacy team and I don't think he produces often enough. but to be fair he looked better than what we had when we played at Boro.
I still think sigurdsson and I'd be looking at the top of the championship if we are looking at £15m and seeing what the top 6 has for us. Aswell as that; Loftus Cheek, Harry Maguire, Trippier, Snodgrass etc should all be being looked at.

Every manager's problem when you have a 25 man squad that is not clearly a first XI and then the rest, to keep everyone happy.

Big Was is apparently very happy in his bench role and works as hard as anyone in training, but I could see how others might want to be somewhere where they are more likely to be mostly in the starting XI.

I would like Ulloa to stay as he offers something different in attack coming off the bench when we are chasing the game, and to his credit he has chipped in with a number of game saving late goals.

He's been fine for us but he is the sort of player that you turnover looking for better. Thanks, All the best. Next.

Tough one this. I like Leo, but if the offer is a good one - let him go.

We should sell Ulloa if £10m is on offer.
even with no target man to replace him in Jan.
He has been USELESS every time I've seen him this year. Weak hold up play. Slow link up play. Doesn't get in the box enough. Slow to react to chances.
We have Vardy, Okazaki, Musa, Gray to play the next couple of games which will take us to the end of AFCON.
we do need a number 10 to help us hold possession link better and better more creative but it is not Ulloa and Ulloa is 4th in the pecking order at best to play up front for me.
we tried to sign Lucas Perez to do that role and Silva so they shouldn't forget we still need it.
I'm really not sure ramirez is the man for a high energy, pacy team and I don't think he produces often enough. but to be fair he looked better than what we had when we played at Boro.
I still think sigurdsson and I'd be looking at the top of the championship if we are looking at £15m and seeing what the top 6 has for us. Aswell as that; Loftus Cheek, Harry Maguire, Trippier, Snodgrass etc should all be being looked at.

How is Gaston Ramirez not suitable for a pacey team, but Sigurdsson or Snodgrass is? They are all creative but none of them especially pacey, but if we do go in for either of the latter we should wait until next season when one of them (or both) are in the Championship

and Loftus Cheek would cost at least £20m and wouldn't come to us.:(

And nobody knows if he's actually up to being a regular first-team player in the Premier League.

and when has that stopped a young player having a high price?

Mercury suggesting we might offer Leo a new contract. I like Leo, don't mind if he stays, but also would be perfectly reasonable to sell him for £10m. But to reward him with a new contract would be madness.

Mercury suggesting we might offer Leo a new contract. I like Leo, don't mind if he stays, but also would be perfectly reasonable to sell him for £10m. But to reward him with a new contract would be madness.
Completely agree

West Ham talking to Fonte. I thought talk was suggesting he was ManU bound??

We could hijack that one if we wanted, no? We're at least as interesting as WH shirely??

West Ham talking to Fonte. I thought talk was suggesting he was ManU bound??

We could hijack that one if we wanted, no? We're at least as interesting as WH shirely??

Landan

Why else would he go from Southampton to a worse team?

Wes and Huth are too old and slow at 32. Let's replace one with somebody who's 33. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669