Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be replace our first choice central defenders, not one who couldn't get into the team.
Amartey and Ndidi can both play in his position. We need better as first choice, but they'll do as cover.

I would totally agree that any new player needs to be of a better calibre that Hernandez but, personally, I would not be happy with Amartey or Ndidi being pulled into the back four. We seem to be playing with two deep lying midfielders and, as we only have three, I don't think we're over burdened in that position. Amartey took some time to settle into his current role: it would be a pity to rock the boat and, although Ndidi does seem to have seamlessly slotted in, I wouldn't want to dislodge him either.

I would be concerned, were we to go in to the remainder of the season with such scant cover at the back.

The gaffer just said on SSN he will look for a replacement if not then he has an another option .

Just another hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded rumour, or have the owners started to interfere directly in who we should buy or not?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-club-owner-meets-close-friend-transfer-19-year-old-winger/
Even if they did meet, it's entirely plausible that we want the player, the two owners are friends and it gives us an edge over Nice. Brown Nose will know for sure if there's anything dodgy though so best wait for him.

Oh, I dunno.... he had a decent throw.... and he looked pretty good against Brugge.... ok, so I've kinda reached the end.

Nah, in fairness, he didn't really get a look-in. But, that said, what did he expect? Got him on a free as a back up. No, not disrespecting the guy and I genuinely hope he gets to play and enjoy where he is.

It would appropriate etiquette on this site to apologise every time someone mentions Hernandez in future.

His existence in Leicester has been a memory unworthy of recollection.
To be fair, I always thought he looked like a centre back trying to play as a right back.

If only we'd played him in midfield, where he belonged.....
If only we would give Benny a chance.

The only game I saw him play was against WHU in the League Cup and he looked much better than Wes, Was and Huth.

We've seen Benny a few times and I can't say he's looked better than Wes, Was and Huth but he's young and we haven't seen him enough to say he won't be the better option next season.

Young?

He's younger than the Wes and Huth, but he'll be 30 next season.

Wes, Was and Huth played well enough to win us a title in their 30's. I don't think 29 is old, do you?

That's not to say he's any good we haven't seen him get a long enough run to judge which probably means that CR and the boys don't think he is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669