Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once BN I agree with you. Loads of talent but not managed well. Left winger left full back left wing back, sometimes in the same game no wonder he lost his way. Did he ever play as an out and out striker? Good luck to him if the transfer, which ever team goes ahead.

For once BN I agree with you. Loads of talent but not managed well. Left winger left full back left wing back, sometimes in the same game no wonder he lost his way. Did he ever play as an out and out striker? Good luck to him if the transfer, which ever team goes ahead.
on his debut, he scored a hattrick

Inevitable but very sad news. I think we may live to regret not managing him better.

He needs a brain cell before he can become a decent player. If he's goes to Palace, then in terms of ability, he's comfortably behind Townsend and Zaha, perhaps about on par with Sako and Lee. He will be in the same boat he's in here.

He has potential to be a big threat due to his pace, but he can't finish, his composure and end product are both zero and I can't see him being anything other than one of those that shows flashes but never really lives up to potential.

£12.5m we are mugging Palace off.

Schlupp for me is an excellent squad player to have. I don't think he is first team material but what a great athlete to have on the bench for the last twenty minutes against tiring legs. I could see him becoming a bit part player at Palace. I hope I'm wrong.

Did none of you watch the pathetic half arsed effort he made at Porto in front of fans who had paid hundred of pounds to be there?

Now we're selling him all of a sudden he's a great player and will be a big miss...crazy stuff.

£12.5m...we should be laughing all the way to the bank.

Well I think it's about time we got rid. All the potential in the world for his pace but none of the ability to back it up. He's got two better players ahead of him at LB, and arguably so at LM as well. £12.5m will enable us to improve the squad further..

Pros - tremendous athlete with pace and strength to burn, can be a great impact of the bench, direct style of play etc

Cons - lacks football intelligence and doesn't seem to be improving in that respect, disappears easily from games and poor distribution.

I can see why we'd want to keep him and I can see why we'd sell him. It is not, however, like we're being mugged off. If we got £3m for him, I'd say no way, but this is £12.5m. £12.5m!!!! It's a good time for him to move, for him and us. If I was a Palace fan, I'd want more for a player who cost that much, but let's see how it goes.

He's gone backwards at an alarmng rate, culminating in his truly shameful effort in Porto

Time to leave, and £12 million notes is a feckin' miracle

He's gone backwards at an alarmng rate, culminating in his truly shameful effort in Porto

Time to leave, and £12 million notes is a feckin' miracle
£12m and a Mahrez+ (£500.000)

Inevitable but very sad news. I think we may live to regret not managing him better.
Another nonsensical, crackpot theory. You have absolutely no idea whatsoever how Schlupp was 'managed' and how many opportunities he was given to fulfil a potential he probably never really had. He has shown absolutely no quality at all for a long while and against Porto absolutely no effort. This in itself should be enough to show you that his attitude is, at best, questionable. Yes, he's an athlete but he has no footballing intelligence whatsoever and hasn't shown that he is able to acquire any over a significant period of time. £12m is an unbelievably good price for a player who has shown no aptitude for Premier league football.

You may think the player has been 'badly managed' but there is no evidence of this. Maybe, just maybe he isn't good enough. None of us know what will become of him at Palace but the evidence suggests that he is more likely to become a bench warmer than a match winner.

Will that make Schlupp our 2nd most expensive sale behind Kante? Heskey was 11.5 right?

Our 2nd biggest ever sale for a squad player who can barely make the bench this season. Madness.

Be sad to see him go but happy we're getting a decent fee. Will wish him well

Did he ever play as an out and out striker? .

Against Swansea at home last year he showed why he would have not made it as a striker. Claudio had set up the team to allow him to break forward in the absence of Vardy. He played really well but time after time he simply could not finish or play the right pass.

If I recall as a striker he scored bucketloads in the youth team and you can see why, given his strength and pace at that level he must have created a huge number of chances each game. But his conversion rate isn't there right now. In the future who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669