move the kop petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it's back to the Singing Section petition, driven by the glorious N1 Ultras

I forgot all about that :icon_lol: That was funny :081:

Hilarious! A group of young fans trying to get behind the team.
Side-splitting.
Obviously everyone else is really happy with the current atmosphere.
Top of the league (albeit the Third Division), and still we have the communal groan at a misplaced pass, booing at the end if we haven't won, and maybe a bit of animated monkey dancing when prompted.

Hilarious! A group of young fans trying to get behind the team.
Side-splitting.
Obviously everyone else is really happy with the current atmosphere.
Top of the league (albeit the Third Division), and still we have the communal groan at a misplaced pass, booing at the end if we haven't won, and maybe a bit of animated monkey dancing when prompted.

So sing, but who are you to tell everyone else they should?

The new kop full of noise etc etc etc, and you bought into that? The ground had never been used before so how could you believe what they were stating, it was not meant to be taken literally? I suppose you also look around for a coconut palm tree when you eat a Bounty, or a cliff to dive off when buying a box of Milk Tray?

Secondly who are you to moan at people who take blankets and flasks? That's up to them not you, in fact it could make them more of a fan than you because they seem to plan their day around their team.
And who is taking the piss of someone shouting "Come on Leicester"?

The South Stand was advertised as the new Kop, and the publicity was obviously designed to encourage people who went in the old Kop to go in the new South Stand. The atmosphere wasn't too bad for the first couple of seasons, but sadly has fallen away to the point that there are lots of people now who can't be bothered to support the team vocally.

I can moan at anyone I want, thanks. It's a free country. And if I was feeling pendantic I could argue that entering the staduim with flasks is a clear contravention of the ground rules.

On Saturday two or three of the Season Ticket Holders directly behind the goal, about two-thirds of the way back, were taking the piss out of the one guy in front of them who was a bit animated with his "Come On Leicester" chant. 'Tis true, I saw it myself.

The club effectively stopped it with restrictions.

They (quite rightly) just stopped them from standing up for the whole game, which they are obliged to do under ground regulations

They didn't stop them from singing

I can moan at anyone I want, thanks. It's a free country. .

Presumably, therefore, you agree that people can choose to do what the feck they like in a football ground, including taking in a flask of tea which you appear to think is a criminal offence

Presumably, therefore, you agree that people can choose to do what the feck they like in a football ground, including taking in a flask of tea which you appear to think is a criminal offence

It's a free country in respect of freedom of expression.
I never said taking a flask of tea into the ground is a criminal offence.
I was talking about the ground regulations.
One rule for one...

Why can't people accept that football fans are a very different breed from the 70's, 80's and early 90's?

Last edited:
I can moan at anyone I want, thanks. It's a free country. And if I was feeling pendantic I could argue that entering the staduim with flasks is a clear contravention of the ground rules.
So is smoking, swearing and racist chants, but it still goes on.

So is smoking, swearing and racist chants, but it still goes on.

Too true.
I think the authorities should clear out nearly everyone!

My boss admitted to taking a flask with whisky in it into the Family Stand.
He was most surprised when I told him it was illegal.

Because the ones complaining about atmosphere all the time weren't born then?

I wasn't and i don't complain about it, but I see what your getting at!

Just checking my DNA.
Still the same.

And no one is stopping you from trying to create an atmosphere but many other fans have changed/the main type of person attending football has changed and many more famillies go now. A bloke with his young kids/mrs there isn't gonna go mad like he would have doen 15-20 years ago in the pen at Filbert Street now is he. Think about it FFS.

I wasn't and i don't complain about it, but I see what your getting at!

And no one is stopping you from trying to create an atmosphere but many other fans have changed/the main type of person attending football has changed and many more famillies go now. A bloke with his young kids/mrs there isn't gonna go mad like he would have doen 15-20 years ago in the pen at Filbert Street now is he. Think about it FFS.

I didn't say anyone had to go mad, just a bit of vocal support would be nice. My kids or missus never made me turn down the volume.
But you're right that people have changed - my brother came home for last weekends game and didn't say a word. Maybe he though he'd stand out too much!

I do think there is a lack of atmosphere at The Walkers but then there always has been, certainly compared to Filbert Street. And I cannot stand the fact that people boo. I suppose people will when we are playing badly but I've heard it several times this season and it beggars belief - the same fan's will complain when players/managers leave us, citing "loyalty".

That said I think any attempt to re-introduce hooliganism in any form is just going to fall on deaf ears. If people want to encourage more noise and atmosphere they would do well to not call themselves "Ultras" or other such names as that just puts people off.

I do think there is a lack of atmosphere at The Walkers but then there always has been, certainly compared to Filbert Street. And I cannot stand the fact that people boo. I suppose people will when we are playing badly but I've heard it several times this season and it beggars belief - the same fan's will complain when players/managers leave us, citing "loyalty".

That said I think any attempt to re-introduce hooliganism in any form is just going to fall on deaf ears. If people want to encourage more noise and atmosphere they would do well to not call themselves "Ultras" or other such names as that just puts people off.

Filbert street was a lot closer to the pitch and more enclosed. The acoustics at the Walkers are pants, there have been plenty of times when the kop and the people around me have been singing but you can't hear anything from the side stand let alone N/L Block.

I'm sure it was early 70's when the Kop was 'penned' at Filbo.

Even before the Kop was 'penned', you couldn't get round to the Popular End.

And with no answer from Hazzman, I can only presume that he has realised the nonsense of his assertion that the ability to pass from end to end was curtailed by all-seater stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566