move the kop petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have signed it,whats your thoughts.

I think all threads should be started with Capital letters.

Don't know if that helps.

I think it's a pile of shit. If people need to have their stand called the Kop in order to feel they are able to sing then they are *****. If the people want to sit next to the away fans they can do that now, there is no need to rename or move anything. Idiots.

Could they move it to somewhere on Walnut Street, as that is where I tend to park my car as so I wont have too far to walk.

What dimwit thought this one up! Anybody who wants this should just relocate to L1 or to N1.
I sit in the south stand or whatever you want to call it and I am happy there.I go to watch the match not the away fans FFS.

Could they move it to somewhere on Walnut Street, as that is where I tend to park my car as so I wont have too far to walk.

What dimwit thought this one up! Anybody who wants this should just relocate to L1 or to N1.
I sit in the south stand or whatever you want to call it and I am happy there.I go to watch the match not the away fans FFS.

Yeah but, if you're that far away from them, how do you know they can see your hand gestures and angry, empty threats?

I read this the other day and almost posted it here then, fits in nicely with this thread:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A47333405

Take a look at this...

www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/i...

Do you see these guys as boring buggers or actually agree with what they're saying?

I'll count myself as one of those 'youths' who went under the barrier from K1 into L1 when the penalty was given (mainly because almost everyone else did, and I didn't want to be left celebrating alone like an idiot if it went in).

Can these people not just take a chill-pill of some description and leave the younger fans to have the fun for which they come to a football match to get?

Surely they'd agree the 'chavs' which apparently plague the stadium are better off directing their 'anger' at away fans instead of at old grannies on street corners of a Saturday afternoon?

If L1 was packed to the rafters with those 'maginificent, loyal ST holders' then there wouldn't have been any room to move across would there? As it was there were the usual rows and rows of empty seats, and the rush across didn't seem to cause anyone any problems other than to create a good old-fashioned, partisan atmosphere - the kind everyone keeps saying we miss these days.

In my opinion, those who don't want to be fully involved in the old-fashioned match-day experience shouldn't be taking up the seats in L1 which many younger supporters might like to be able to use.

These 'loyal fans' (boring, miserable g1ts?) should move to the West or Family stands where they'd fit in better.

I'd love to hear the views of other L/K block fans about this - am I alone in being angry at this reaction?

He can't understand why people get annoyed when ***** like him rush across the aisles and seats to shout at the away fans. No doubt the same twats that have a go at anyone not singing all match long and who are "innocently" arrested.

Who the **** do these people think they are. Moving people around the stadium as if they owned it, maybe these people want to sit where they are because they bought the ST in the first place. I have never seen on a ticket stating this section is for singing / chanting only!!! What tossers.

The bottom line is the areas are already marked out in the stadium - if you want some banter, standing up and the occasionally crossing of the line go to L1 or restrict yourself to away matches, if you want the occasion sing-along go to The Kop, if you want an area catered for children to the Family Stand and so on. The Kop is nothing more than a name in all-seater stadiums.

However, jumping over a 'barrier' and giving it the big I am is a ****able offence. Regardless of age or partisan atmosphere, there's a limit. If it was outside the stadium environment, the majority of Oldham fans would have gone over gave 'em a whack for their troubles. Let's remember those in the midst of an away fans enclosure - for every young lad, there's an OAP member of the flask army; for every 45 year old wannabe, there's a family sat there.

If you go away matches and mixed with the right crowd, you'll find the 'edgy' atmosphere you are after.

Last edited:
I hate the usual sterile atmosphere at the Walkers and much prefer the Leicester crowd at away matches.

Although moving the Kop is a daft Idea the rivals.net article makes some valid points.

What would they even move, I'd keep my seat where I am whatever the stand is fecking called.

I hate these people

Utter wankers, the lot of 'em

Agree It's good as it is. I go in the kop for the atmosphere and I like that the particularly idiotic fans (every club has them) are attracted to the away fans like a moth to a flame and filter themselves out.

Like I want the sun in my eyes when I'm trying to watch a game? Leave things alone.

I am all for moving the kop,the atmosphere would be so much better.

There is nothing better when the home team supporters are vocal,it gives the team a huge lift.

leicester is like a liabrary,we make it pleasant for the away team,when it should be hostile.

I would much prefer an away team come to the walkers,knowing a hostile crowd a waits them.

Who the **** do these people think they are. Moving people around the stadium as if they owned it, maybe these people want to sit where they are because they bought the ST in the first place. I have never seen on a ticket stating this section is for singing / chanting only!!! What tossers.

I bought my ST when we first moved to the Walkers and it was advertised as "the new Kop, full of noise and atmosphere".
It didn't mention blankets, flasks and a majority who can't be bothered to get behind their team until they are 4-0 up.
Or people actually taking the piss out of someone on Saturday who was shouting "Come On Leicester".
Tossers.

There is nothing better when the home team supporters are vocal,it gives the team a huge lift.

leicester is like a liabrary,we make it pleasant for the away team,when it should be hostile.

I would much prefer an away team come to the walkers,knowing a hostile crowd a waits them.

But it's not up to you to dictate to everyone else where they sit or what they do at a football match

Who the feck are you to tell me how and where to watch a game ?

Stick your petition up your jacksie

Then why don't you all move to L1 and NBlock? Why must it be called the Kop for you to get the reaction you are after? I really don't get it.

Then why don't you all move to L1 and NBlock? Why must it be called the Kop for you to get the reaction you are after? I really don't get it.

Doesn't it cost more in there ?
Traditionally the more vocal support stands behind the goal; it's where I prefer to view the match. I think the call to "move the Kop" should really be addressing if there are enough vocal types who would like to be together behind the goal, and if this can be achieved. It shouldn't in any way require people to move if they don't want to. For certain matches there does seem to be very few people in the Family Stand, but I'm sure that the few that are there wouldn't want to move.
I'd prefer to be in the South Stand as the sun doesn't shine in your eyes; I'd also prefer it to have some atmosphere as promised when I bought the ticket! But I'm not supposed to complain.

I bought my ST when we first moved to the Walkers and it was advertised as "the new Kop, full of noise and atmosphere".
It didn't mention blankets, flasks and a majority who can't be bothered to get behind their team until they are 4-0 up.
Or people actually taking the piss out of someone on Saturday who was shouting "Come On Leicester".
Tossers.

The new kop full of noise etc etc etc, and you bought into that? The ground had never been used before so how could you believe what they were stating, it was not meant to be taken literally? I suppose you also look around for a coconut palm tree when you eat a Bounty, or a cliff to dive off when buying a box of Milk Tray?

Secondly who are you to moan at people who take blankets and flasks? That's up to them not you, in fact it could make them more of a fan than you because they seem to plan their day around their team.
And who is taking the piss of someone shouting "Come on Leicester"?

how many times will this topic come up before people give it a rest and realise it will probably never happen? IMO the away fans should have been in the right corner of the kop similar to where they were at filbert st. from the start when the walkers was built but it's too late now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566