move the kop petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why don't you all move to L1 and NBlock? Why must it be called the Kop for you to get the reaction you are after? I really don't get it.

Hey, don't send even more of them my way:icon_bigg.

I sit in L1, but a bit closer to the pitch than the 'boys' at the back. Personally I do enjoy a bit of banter with the away fans however at no stage have I ever let this boil over into full on aggression. I also find the view of the pitch/action from this area better than that behind the goal.
The club have made L1 a ST holder only area, and are having to actively monitor this each week by people having to show season tickets to enter the section, because of so many people trying to get in.
If people want to get close to away fans buy a ticket in N block or an ST in L1, instead of causing problems for the stewards, police and other fans by moving to a section you are not entitled to watch the game from.
I am sure those fans who do sneak into L1 without a ST are the first to moan when there is an increase in the police presence and will be even more upset if they are ejected.

Also, if I wanted a petition to be taken seriously, I would ensure I hadn't made any spelling mistakes. :018:

My only comments would be:

1) This comes up every few months

2) It will never happen purely on "safety" grounds

3) And this might surprise some, but you are allowed to sit wherever you like, irrespective of what that section of the bowl's identical plastic seating is called! My point being: does it have to be renamed The Kop before you'll sit in the North Stand? And let's say it is renamed - do you honestly think all the people that sit in the North Stand now will move, and all the people in the Kop will take their places, because the name has changed? Seems, frankly, bizarre. If you want to go and sit next to the away fans, just do it, don't go bleating on about it as if you need a note from your mother or something! :icon_roll

My only comments would be:

1) This comes up every few months

2) It will never happen purely on "safety" grounds

3) And this might surprise some, but you are allowed to sit wherever you like, irrespective of what that section of the bowl's identical plastic seating is called! My point being: does it have to be renamed The Kop before you'll sit in the North Stand? And let's say it is renamed - do you honestly think all the people that sit in the North Stand now will move, and all the people in the Kop will take their places, because the name has changed? Seems, frankly, bizarre. If you want to go and sit next to the away fans, just do it, don't go bleating on about it as if you need a note from your mother or something! :icon_roll

My point exactly, but better put.

It's just weird how the people in favour of this nonsense come up with such odd understandings of other people's behaviour:

... more families would come for the better atmosphere and not having to listen to the bad language and sit next to sometimes threatening behaviour...

Same shite,different day.

This week it's the Move the Kop petition
Next week it's the Bring Back Standing petition
Then it's the Ban Chelsea Dagger petition
Then it's back to the Singing Section petition, driven by the glorious N1 Ultras
Finally the Stevie Walsh for Manager petition, and then back to Move the Kop

Bless 'em all

This week it's the Move the Kop petition
Next week it's the Bring Back Standing petition
Then it's the Ban Chelsea Dagger petition
Then it's back to the Singing Section petition, driven by the glorious N1 Ultras
Finally the Stevie Walsh for Manager petition, and then back to Move the Kop

Bless 'em all

I forgot all about that :icon_lol: That was funny :081:

Feck sake the years go quick nowadays. didnt realise it was this time of year again.

That was back in the days of grounds have 'ends', when it was possible for someone to walk right around the ground with barriers etc. All-seaters have killed that tradition.

Please give the date when it was no longer possible to walk from one end to the other at Filbert Street. Compare this with the date when Filbert Street became all-seater and tell me how many years separated the two events. The same would apply to the great majority of stadiums at other than the very lowest levels.

On another tack, are you aware that it is still possible to walk right around the Walkers? If I have an early train to catch, it is a relatively simple thing for me to move from the Kop to the East Stand at half-time so that I can get away more quickly at the end.

I've also sat in a seat in each of the four stands in the same match early last season, although this did require an 'illegal' walk across the tunnel entrance during the half-time interval.

Fancy a medal?

One of those chocolate coins that they hang on the Christmas tree will suffice - as long as it's a big one.

I've also sat in a seat in each of the four stands in the same match early last season, although this did require an 'illegal' walk across the tunnel entrance during the half-time interval.

It's the shorts that do it ... must have thought he was a player :icon_roll

I am all for moving the kop,the atmosphere would be so much better.

There is nothing better when the home team supporters are vocal,it gives the team a huge lift.

leicester is like a liabrary,we make it pleasant for the away team,when it should be hostile.

I would much prefer an away team come to the walkers,knowing a hostile crowd a waits them.

I have never found it difficult to distinguish between a Leicester City library and a Leicester City football ground. You must go to some unusual libraries.

I have never found it difficult to distinguish between a Leicester City library and a Leicester City football ground. You must go to some unusual libraries.

I don't know - I've seen some proper dust-ups between the fiction baby squad and the non-fiction ultras. Very nasty it was I can tell you. Thank God it didn't spread to the audio burberry boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566