Moving..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Soon I am upping sticks and leaving London for the high life of the Bath area. Really nervous about it all really, but I see the sense in it being better for the kids etc..

As I work for myself, it won't dent that I don't think...but then, who can tell.

Since leaving Leicester at a young age, I have always lived in London, so moving from here is daunting to say the least.

Anyone on here done anything similar of late? Any words to the (un) wise? Any Foxes in the Bath area??

I should mention that actually, so do I. Main reason of moving is that the missus' folks are that way. This happens a lot huh? Women want to live nearer their parents later on in life - or is that about as big a generalisation as me suggesting Homer is like all other gays?

I should mention that actually, so do I. Main reason of moving is that the missus' folks are that way. This happens a lot huh? Women want to live nearer their parents later on in life - or is that about as big a generalisation as me suggesting Homer is like all other gays?
I would like to say no, but I am getting more keen on moving back to my roots, when the reality is I may have to move further south in the short-mid term.

And why is that LeeH you reckon? Most blokes I know are not bothered about such things.

Some of my friends have moved to Bath from Leicester as he originally came from there so I've spent a fair few weekends visiting. I agree it is a lovely city, although the area where they are is expensive, but I guess I'm comparing it to Leicester rather than London prices.

I'm not sure I'd want to move nearer the in-laws:icon_bigg

Some of my friends have moved to Bath from Leicester as he originally came from there so I've spent a fair few weekends visiting. I agree it is a lovely city, although the area where they are is expensive, but I guess I'm comparing it to Leicester rather than London prices.

I'm not sure I'd want to move nearer the in-laws:icon_bigg

Tell me about it!!

Price-wise it's not saving much from London, that's for sure. In fact the expensive part of Bath is akin to the ridiculous London price.

Quite the opposite.
That'll be the drink. Nothing is making sense at the moment.

I don't know why blokes don't feel the need to go back. I don't know why I want to. I am very independent, but I also need people. The other half travels, and my family don't. I have friends, but I feel guilty about 'using' them when I am on my own. This is my only explanation.

I don't know how old your children are Alex but local(ish)parents came in very handy as babysitters for me, especially when they offered overnighters.

Homing pigeons. It is the women who hold the families together I think, us with willy follow.

I don't know how old your children are Alex but local(ish)parents came in very handy as babysitters for me, especially when they offered overnighters.

6 & 4 and that is a massive incentive - whilst my Ma (a Leicester lass) is nearby she's also always busy...

Could be. I was really close to my grandparents, but not my uncles. They, however, often frequent Homer's sexy nights... :102:

Just realised that has edit potential, even if it's sickening.

It is sickening.

My Auntie has lived in Bath for 18 years, they have just moved back up to Leicestershire (Charnwood Forest, one of the lovely houses in between woodhouse eves and newtown linford) for the same reason and have been so happy with the move, she says she is there for life now and wishes she had moved there earlier.

This is not a bad reflection on Bath, I believe she still liked it there, plus there is plenty of cock in Bath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47