Moving..

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother lived for 3 years in Bath and he loved every minute. Lots of beggars tho apparently....

as for the issue of moving back to your roots, I moved back to MH at the arse end of last year. Don't regret it for one minute

That's because you moved from Mansfield!

My Auntie has lived in Bath for 18 years, they have just moved back up to Leicestershire (Charnwood Forest, one of the lovely houses in between woodhouse eves and newtown linford) for the same reason and have been so happy with the move, she says she is there for life now and wishes she had moved there earlier.

This is not a bad reflection on Bath, I believe she still liked it there, plus there is plenty of cock in Bath.

At least I know Homer will visit.

don't move to bath itself, the tourists will piss you off before you know it

Most American tours to England seem to be two days each in the Cotswolds, London and Bath (add two days gawping at castles in Scotland for the full British tour).

Just look at it as an adventure, Al. I was absolutely bricking it when I came out here, I didn't know anybody or anything about the place, but I don't regret it one bit and it's worked out brilliantly.

I can't see myself moving back to Leicester to be honest, but who knows if I'll feel the pull in later years. Such a bloke...

Good luck Alex :038:

Thanks for the advice chaps....Dessie pants, why did you move? Can't remember, was it lady??

MK, thanks for the cottaging links....Ahem.

don't move to bath itself, the tourists will piss you off before you know it

I've been to Bath as a tourist - and even as a tourist, the tourists pissed me off.

I've moved house more times than I've had birthdays. Fact.

I think that officially makes me some sort of itinerant, so if anybody needs their drive tarmac-ing just let me know

Alex, will you be selling and buying?

Or are you, for want of a better phrase, a rent boy?

My auntie and uncle moved down to Bath about six years for his work. They were originally in a flat a 3 minute walk from the city centre and were paying £700 a month for it! They now live just outside Bath (Corsham? I think is the name of the town) and they love it. They'd stay in Bath itself if they could but it's ridiculously expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46