Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyjof

Why can't us Brits or failing that the Scots produce and all accomplished domineering tennis player.

Can't play the game to save my life (except PS2) but I do love watching it on the telly. Not everyone’s cup of tea I understand.

If Murray fecks this up I will be devastated.

I use the A word sparingly but truely "Awesome" stuff!!!

Going to bed with a smile on my face for once.

Why can't us Brits or failing that the Scots produce and all accomplished domineering tennis player.

Can't play the game to save my life (except PS2) but I do love watching it on the telly. Not everyone’s cup of tea I understand.

If Murray fecks this up I will be devastated.

Have you seen the price of professional tennis lessons? It is a sport that only the very well off can afford to persue long term (unless the family make huge financial sacrifices) so we rule out a large portion of our already smaller population (compared to say Spain or the US). Add to that the very little funding from the government or sponsorship options, and it isn't really pushed at school.

Have you seen the price of professional tennis lessons? It is a sport that only the very well off can afford to persue long term (unless the family make huge financial sacrifices) so we rule out a large portion of our already smaller population (compared to say Spain or the US). Add to that the very little funding from the government or sponsorship options, and it isn't really pushed at school.

Plus it's a game for twats

As I said not everyone’s cup of tea I understand. Loving your input though.

You have to admit a great spectator sport.

I agree, it can be mesmerising. I feel the men's game has recovered after the era of huge services and non-existent rallies. It has also helped having two real gentlemen (with courtesy and respect for their opponents), who don't feel the need to resort to gamesmanship, at the top of the game. Long may it last - the emergent figures aren't too promising!

As I said not everyone’s cup of tea I understand. Loving your input though.

You have to admit a great spectator sport.

Not for me, no

Next to Grand Prix racing, Basketball, and possibly American Football, I find it one of the dullest 'sports' around

But each to their own, I suppose

Not for me, no

Next to Grand Prix racing, Basketball, and possibly American Football, I find it one of the dullest 'sports' around

Come on now, "Darts" has to have that honour.

Apologies Newts. Yes he won. It really was a thrilling match.

He was 2-0 up in sets, if not a little fortunately. Tried his best to do a Henman and throw it all away. And then Henman style just when hope was gone he clawed it back.

Too much adrenaline for midnight.

Nadal will stuff him in the Semi's but well done to the lad.

Baseball is by far the most boring sport. The early hours of the morning programme on channel five is a great cure for insomnia.

That's just rounders, Jeff

A school pastime (for girls) and therefore not a genuine sport

Swimming,Showjumping,Car Racing all boring IMO.Rugby doesn't come far behind either

Last edited:
Not for me, no

Basketball and US Football?

don't understand them being classed as boring. Perhaps you just don't understand them. They are fascinating games using physical, mental and strategic skills within a team concept

Basketball and US Football?

don't understand them being classed as boring. Perhaps you just don't understand them. They are fascinating games using physical, mental and strategic skills within a team concept

That must be it, because they are extremely hard to understand, aren't they ?

They are complex to the uninitiated - especially US Football. You need to know where to look. They are both explosive which can confuse things too.

I find F1 boring because they just seem to go round in circles without being able to change positions and don't consider Dance (and all variations including Ice dancing) synchronised swimming /diving and gymnastics to be boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363