Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone staying in this fine Friday night to watch the plucky Scot...........?

Didn't think so.

I will be staying in, but I think I'll go out into the garden and watch the grass grow instead

Even though it will be dark, and I won't be able to see it

I will be staying in, but I think I'll go out into the garden and watch the grass grow instead

Even though it will be dark, and I won't be able to see it

Theres a fecking surprise....A wild party Animal like yourself staytng in on a Friday night ??

Last edited:
You can have plenty of fun staying in, you know

Yeah and like I said earlier I want my copy of the Little and Large video back,its been 'disgusting you' for 6 months now

Last edited:
Yeah and like I said earlier I want my copy of the Little and Large video back,its been 'disgusting you' for 6 months now

I keep rewinding to the bit where Eddie keeps interrupting Sid's song

Gets me every time

You'd be wasting your time if you do, his match is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Ahh sorry! should have mentioned, I meant LORRAINE MALLOY Lothian bowls star who is into the knockout QF stage of World Champion of Champions bowls in Aberdeen.

But thanks for pointing that out.

Ahh sorry! should have mentioned, I meant LORRAINE MALLOY Lothian bowls star who is into the knockout QF stage of World Champion of Champions bowls in Aberdeen.

But thanks for pointing that out.

What they play bowls in Aberdeen in the middle of the night ? Why ?

Back to the thread for a moment?

All sports should have a defining moment. With football, you cna walk away, arguing about the penalty, goal, offside decision, or whatever, that turned the game. There is usually a defining moment to that sport.

Rugby probably also has it, and golf sometimes (if you saw Sergio at the US PGA drop it in the water, for example.) Tennis to a degree, boxing, and track and field can have it, but not darts, rarely snooker, or gymnastics.

Other sports simply don't. When Lewis Hamilton leads from start to finish, there's no 'moment' and therefore it's not a proper sport.

Basketball - you shoot and score. Then we'll have a go. Then you try again. Eventually, someone will have more points. No defining moment. Same goes for Baseball (how many innings do they want, ffs?) and swimming.

Last edited:
Still, great that the BBC splashed the cash on Grand Prix rather than spending it on football, or cricket, or anything like that, eh?

Made themselves look a right bunch of (Grand) Prix.

Last edited:
Basketball - you shoot and score. Then we'll have a go. Then you try again. Eventually, someone will have more points. No defining moment.

There are points of the game for example where a player throws a shot, he scores but he's fouled in the process. The ref has to decided whether the shot was thrown before the foul, whether the foul was cynical enough for further punishment, whether the foul was committed before the whistle. Players can get fouled out, refs make dodgy decisions etc. There's also the tactical part of rolling subs and keeping my players.

It's a cracking sport which has no history in Britain to be attractive enough to passive sport fans. For a few years, Saturday nights down Leicester Riders were superb. Incredible to watch. The atmosphere always pumping. In Europe, Basketball is massive, the crowds nasty and the hype justified. The American version suffers from having the have's and have not's in terms of teams.

Back to the thread for a moment?

All sports should have a defining moment. With football, you cna walk away, arguing about the penalty, goal, offside decision, or whatever, that turned the game. There is usually a defining moment to that sport.

Rugby probably also has it, and golf sometimes (if you saw Sergio at the US PGA drop it in the water, for example.) Tennis to a degree, boxing, and track and field can have it, but not darts, rarely snooker, or gymnastics.

Other sports simply don't. When Lewis Hamilton leads from start to finish, there's no 'moment' and therefore it's not a proper sport.

Basketball - you shoot and score. Then we'll have a go. Then you try again. Eventually, someone will have more points. No defining moment. Same goes for Baseball (how many innings do they want, ffs?) and swimming.

I know what Melts would say.

2 sets up but losing 3-2 in the third. rain stopped play until tomorrow night

Love him or loathe him,Murray was brilliant last night,he had Nadal running around like a Butlins Redcoat.Whether he can see it through isn't a different story but he was devestating,I guess people will say Nadal under performed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669