Muse

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
And a lot of us don't get the fascination with the bands listed in your Sig but we wouldn't call them crap,they just aren't to our taste.Both Nirvana and Radiohead have sold lots of Albums they wouldn't do so if they were..'crap'.

It's all down to personal opinion again really isn't it.. personally, I don't just not like Radiohead, I do actually think they are crap. Very depressing shit, both these bands would be in my top 5 over-rated bands of all time. I'm not even sure I can think of a full 5 vastly over-rated bands.. I'd probably stick Coldplay in there although I can stomach their stuff.

TornadoShaunUK said:
It's all down to personal opinion again really isn't it.. personally, I don't just not like Radiohead, I do actually think they are crap. Very depressing shit, both these bands would be in my top 5 over-rated bands of all time. I'm not even sure I can think of a full 5 vastly over-rated bands.. I'd probably stick Coldplay in there although I can stomach their stuff.

:102: Don't know why I bother,trying to be diplomatic....all the bands you like are fecking awful and you are stuck in a time warp.

Last edited:
Hazzman said:
Thats the kind of opinion I can accept. To dismiss something has just totally crap in the arts means you might aswell only listen to your favourite records all time and watch your favourite films.

And if you say everything you don't like is 'crap' your opinion will never be taken seriously.

highland fox said:
:102: Don't know why I bother,trying to be diplomatic....all the bands you like are fecking awful and you are stuck in a time warp.

lol.. judging by your earlier comments that remark would make you equally as pathetic as me.

Besides I'd wager a heavy bet that you have never ever even heard of Giant and Steelhouse Lane in your life, so to judge a band as 'fecking awful' when you haven't even heard any of their works is also a bit silly.

Also, I don't really dismiss everything I hear as being crap just because I don't like it... I'm not a great fan of bands like The Foo Fighters but their stuff is listenable to me, just because I don't like it doesn't mean to say I think it is crap. But in the case of Radiohead, while I'm sure they are all good musicians as individuals, I think the music they make collectively is dull, samey and lacks any kind of decent tone what-so-ever. I'm not going to have a go at what you like, if that's what floats your boat then so be it, but speaking honestly, if I had to listen to that kind of music all my life I would probably feel suicidal by now...

TornadoShaunUK said:
lol.. judging by your earlier comments that remark would make you equally as pathetic as me.

Besides I'd wager a heavy bet that you have never ever even heard of Giant and Steelhouse Lane in your life, so to judge a band as 'fecking awful' when you haven't even heard any of their works is also a bit silly.

Also, I don't really dismiss everything I hear as being crap just because I don't like it... I'm not a great fan of bands like The Foo Fighters but their stuff is listenable to me, just because I don't like it doesn't mean to say I think it is crap. But in the case of Radiohead, while I'm sure they are all good musicians as individuals, I think the music they make collectively is dull, samey and lacks any kind of decent tone what-so-ever. I'm not going to have a go at what you like, if that's what floats your boat then so be it, but speaking honestly, if I had to listen to that kind of music all my life I would probably feel suicidal by now...

You just have :icon_conf
In the end its all down to taste and if we all liked the same thing the world would be boring place.Cheers Shaun and I hope you hearing impairment improves soon:icon_wink

Last edited:
highland fox said:
You just have :icon_conf
In the end its all down to taste and if we all liked the same thing the world would be boring place.Cheers Shaun and I hope you hearing impairment improves soon:icon_wink

I meant to say I'm not going to have a go at you for your taste in music, none of us are perfect afterall..

Maybe one day you'll start listening to more adult music that conveys proper emotion through music rather than listening to tripe about 'fake plastic trees' and 'paranoid android's eh?

:icon_cool

TornadoShaunUK said:
Maybe one day you'll start listening to more adult music that conveys proper emotion through music rather than listening to tripe about 'fake plastic trees' and 'paranoid android's eh?

I doubt it.....

Hazzman said:
Muse annouce tour for November

If I can persuade someone I might go the Nottingham date

http://www.drownedinsound.com/content/view/983910

My best mate's away in Europe from October, I wonder whether he'll be around in November. He's going from Paris to Berlin, not because of the song.

maybe shaun likes them too, they're similar to def leopard and bon jovi? :102:

Melton Fox said:
I take it that was in jest :102:

Well Shaun recent ridicule that Radiohead sing about 'Paranoid Anaroid' meaning its kiddie stuff and that G 'N' R, Def L and etc as serious 'adult music' means he's an easy target.

Last edited:
Hazzman said:
Well Shaun recent ridicule that Radiohead sing about 'Paranoid Anaroid' meaning its kiddie stuff and that G 'N' R, Def L and etc as serious 'adult music' means he's an easy target.

When did I say Radiohead was childish? That was Highland, all I said is that I think Radiohead are crap.

Def Leppard and co. to my eyes are more adult music, why do you think they have a larger adult fanbase than anything else? I just think a band that can show true emotion in a song is a great thing.

And for the record, yes, I think Europe are alright.

TornadoShaunUK said:
When did I say Radiohead was childish? That was Highland, all I said is that I think Radiohead are crap.

Def Leppard and co. to my eyes are more adult music, why do you think they have a larger adult fanbase than anything else? I just think a band that can show true emotion in a song is a great thing.

And for the record, yes, I think Europe are alright.
radiohead have a large adult fan base shaun what are you on about-there hardly the choice of kids and even most teenagers

TornadoShaunUK said:
Def Leppard and co. to my eyes are more adult music, why do you think they have a larger adult fanbase than anything else?
Beause they have been going for nearly 30 years & they have maintained most of their fan base:102:

Melton Fox said:
Beause they have been going for nearly 30 years & they have maintained most of their fan base:102:

yes exactly, just what I'm trying to get across is that I think they probably have more appeal to adults than the younger generation. I don't really know what Radiohead's fanbase is like age wise.. I would have assumed it would be more along the lines of the younger generation, they have been around since the early 90s themselves I believe. I wouldn't know obviously I'm not a big fan of theirs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669