My two penneth

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Are this. If we stay up, then stick with Holloway. I am of the thinking that with a summer with no more mucking about that we will have a much better season next season with Ollie in charge. That's my two penneth.....I think we need stability. Full stop.

I think the stability thing will go out the window when MM up sticks :icon_lol:

Are this. If we stay up, then stick with Holloway. I am of the thinking that with a summer with no more mucking about that we will have a much better season next season with Ollie in charge. That's my two penneth.....I think we need stability. Full stop.

I'm inclined to think we should stick with him even if we go down.

But we won't... go down, that is.

I agree.

The 'Ollie out' brigade will be in here soon though

I agree.

The 'Ollie out' brigade will be in here soon though

I'll get in quick then.
The club is in a mess but much of that is due to the fact that since MM has been around we have changed course so many times.
Frankly IH has been a disappointment to me, I really thought he was a great choice, but he hasn't delivered. But I still think he is capable of moving us forward. A summer with no changes will do us good and I think IH should be given the time to do a close season in his style.

Frankly I can't see an acceptable alternative anyhow!

I was briefly one after the Southampton game a few weeks back, but really cant understand some people's hatred for him.

He'll probably get fired anyway since it's been a while and Milan's trigger finger is feeling neglected.

I'll get in quick then.
The club is in a mess but much of that is due to the fact that since MM has been around we have changed course so many times.
Frankly IH has been a disappointment to me, I really thought he was a great choice, but he hasn't delivered. But I still think he is capable of moving us forward. A summer with no changes will do us good and I think IH should be given the time to do a close season in his style.

Frankly I can't see an acceptable alternative anyhow!

We have been in a mess for 4 years, and to those who were a bit more the know we were apparantly heading that way for a few years before.

To say that MM in his 14 months in charge is mainly to blame is very naive IMO

If IH stays this summer then we will be having the same type of thread some ten to fifteen games into the season. Holloway has simply not shown enough to warrant remaining Manager. :icon_wink

I genuinely cant see any changes in the summer manager wise bearing fruit for at least 2 seasons. Stick with Holloway for me but then I've said this from the point people started to get twitchy.

Completely agree too.

I'm sure most people agree that the amount of changes in recent years is one of the big reasons we're struggling.

On paper, most of the squad should be good enough to. It's about maintaining the good bits of what we've got, and then strengthen with some real quality around that. We don't need another summer of 11 new signings.

Players like Kisnorbo, McCauley, Stearman, Mattock, Hendrie (sign permanently), Oakley, Clemence etc should all be good enough. (hoping Clemence has a better year next year). Build around them with top players.

I think IH was the wrong appointment at the wrong time but he's our manager and I just don't see what we'd achieve by sacking him now or in the off season. The club has to stop running a revolving door management policy at some point and imo the sooner the better.

I don't really like IH and all media attention that goes with him but I'll put up with it as long as things start to improve on the field next season.

We could still go down, quite easily, and you feckers are still wittering on about giving him time. It's unbelievable

If we escape it's more by luck than judgement. He's out of his depth by a feckin' country mile.

If he stays we'll be right back in this shit in twelve months time

im extremely confident that if we give I.H another year he will have us pushing for promotion.............................................................................................................................back into the championship:icon_wink

We could still go down, quite easily, and you feckers are still wittering on about giving him time. It's unbelievable

If we escape it's more by luck than judgement. He's out of his depth by a feckin' country mile.

Its amazing that when we win games its down to the players or luck but when we lose its completely IH fault.

Whether we go down or stay up I still think IH should be manager.

We have been in a mess for 4 years, and to those who were a bit more the know we were apparantly heading that way for a few years before.

To say that MM in his 14 months in charge is mainly to blame is very naive IMO

I'd say alot longer then that.

Because sacking IH and getting someone else in would be a great idea, as it has worked brilliantly well for the last two seasons!?

You cannot attribute our position in the league, the failings of the players and the negativity in the Club to Ian Holloway alone. Its not all his fault.

I have said right from the start, Holloway can do a job for us, given time. OK, so we haven't had the instant success that Warnock or Blackwell bought to their clubs, but Rome wasn't built in a day either.

A few months back, pre Holloway, there were calls for Paul Jewell, Ian Dowie and Chris Coleman to be our manager - I do not see we would be in any a better position with these at the healm.

Fact is Leicester City have been underperforming for years as a team and a club due to the inconsistencies in management, senior management, players and back room staff. You could bring in Mourinhio and get Ronaldo on loan and it wouldn't make a difference.

Lets try and build a team again that compete week in week out, and are difficult to beat and score goals consistently - I believe we can do this if Holloway is given time.

Stability at what cost!

Just as the table don't lie, nor do Ollies stats either. He bought his players in, mostly not played them, kept changing both the team and tactices every week, played the players out of position, need I go on. I know this isn't going to be popular with some but it's only my opinion. I think Ollie's completely out of his depth. He in fainess appeared to be doing well at Plymouth but arguably had to stick with 4-4-2 and had little room for manouverability with players due to the lack of numbers to choose from .i.e. the team basically chose itself. We clearly have some decent players but some of his usage of them has been bizarre to say the least.

Yes, I do agree, we badly need stability, BUT not with this clown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669