N Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do Manchester to Leicester for £15.75 return with a young persons railcard, if you do it using two sets of tickets (assuming you're going back on the same day). That's a total of £362.25 for trains.

Grand total £704.25

ffs it was a estimation, what you have to remember is not everyone knows every rail price or would go to the trouble of finding it out over something so trivial.

chill out

You can do Manchester to Leicester for £15.75 return with a young persons railcard, if you do it using two sets of tickets (assuming you're going back on the same day). That's a total of £362.25 for trains.

Grand total £704.25

Well that is just a wrong assumption. ;)

Also forgot to include any home League Cup or F.A Cup ties!!

ffs it was a estimation, what you have to remember is not everyone knows every rail price or would go to the trouble of finding it out over something so trivial.

chill out

Cheers for that mate, I would have said that myself but would probably get hung, drawn and quartered for that, although its almost happening now!! :icon_lol:

Also forgot to include any home League Cup or F.A Cup ties!!

what about newspapers, sweets soft drinks, crisps, choc bars, bacon cobs, a small bet on the way, a new pair of trainers when you arrive because the ones your wearing have developed a fecking hole and are letting water in. some asprin because you got lathered on fri night and have a massive headache. hey you might even buy a scarf!!!

THIS IS STUPID

chill out

I'm chilled, I argue to relax :)

The actual cost turns out to be less than half what he originally stated, maybe no he knows that he'll decide he can afford to go to every match.

I'm chilled, I argue to relax :)

The actual cost turns out to be less than half what he originally stated, maybe no he knows that he'll decide he can afford to go to every match.

;)

what about newspapers, sweets soft drinks, crisps, choc bars, bacon cobs, a small bet on the way, a new pair of trainers when you arrive because the ones your wearing have developed a fecking hole and are letting water in. some asprin because you got lathered on fri night and have a massive headache. hey you might even buy a scarf!!!

But he may well have to pay for those things whether he goes to the match or not, so you can't use that as an example of why you can't afford to go to matches.

The fact is transport to and from the match and a season ticket is less than half his original estimate. How many people don't go to matches because they think it's more expensive than it really is?

THIS IS STUPID

I know it is stupid, because it has turned out that my original estimation was closer than Jeff's.

He was being pedantic (self-confessed) so I was just being equally pedantic by stating the full costs.

The products you have referred to are what I classed as 'associated costs' earlier. ;)

The fact is transport to and from the match and a season ticket is less than half his original estimate.

£871 is half of £1642, not half of £1500 so is more than half!

Do the maths Jeff!!

£871 is half of £1642, not half of £1500 so is more than half!

Do the maths Jeff!!

But you've just said your estimate was closer than mine! Do the maths M17TT!

A season ticket and transport to/from the match (which is what you said your initial estimate was based on) would actually cost less than £700. Anything extra you spend is not directly related to tickets and transport for the match.

Why can you not thumb it......

or snatch a lift off AZ? That would cut cost by a huge margin

No it wasn't.

My estimate was £800. The actual cost is around that. Your estimate was £1500. How does that make your estimate closer than mine? I hope you're not studying maths at uni.

That is in your pedantic view of getting train, going to match, going home and doing nothing else and not spending a penny.

I a talking about the total cost of me going to the game including everything as opposed to not going at all.

Wow almost two 'quality' pages of the cost of me going to watch Leicester. Do you want to move it and put it in a new thread, you know it deserves it! :)

No different, flags is something for the kids.

An idea nicked off the Arse, I believe, where it wasn't seen as a kids thing. In turn, I believe, nicked off the Ultras. And, oddly, when you go to the ground, scarfs seem to be a kids thing.

But, hey, you carry on. Perhaps the grown-ups in N block should be wearing a blue-and-white hat in the shape of a foxes head. Not many kids wear those.

Hey Jeff whats the cost of a bus ticket from Manchester to Leicester?

An idea nicked off the Arse, I believe, where it wasn't seen as a kids thing. In turn, I believe, nicked off the Ultras. And, oddly, when you go to the ground, scarfs seem to be a kids thing.

But, hey, you carry on. Perhaps the grown-ups in N block should be wearing a blue-and-white hat in the shape of a foxes head. Not many kids wear those.

a jesters hat.......:icon_bigg

Why can you not thumb it......

or snatch a lift off AZ? That would cut cost by a huge margin

Good shout, although I once did meet him on the train so cannot guarantee a lift all the time! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669