N Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, theeir stewards must have death wish. "Oy, lad, I'm evicting you for singing with an unauthorised scarf."

:icon_lol:

One of my best mates has just become a steward. I wil have to warn him about these scarves.

you were knocking the song the liverpool fans sing as being dreary.... why call it that? LCFC fans used to sing that all the while, but it went down the shitter when our fans could not afford a city scarf and the club refused to give them out free.

What happened to the free flags they gave out this season?

Or it died down becuase it got boring? :102:

And you are saying that someone from Leicester couldn't afford a scarf, grow up! The Liverpool fans have always been renowned for been absolutely minted haven't they!!

The point of handing them out is to, as previously mentioned, create interest in this idea not because people can't afford them.

Free flags was another fine example of the success of the current board. Marketed completely towards kids when hardly any kids go cus they all support Man Utd and Chelsea.

Free flags was another fine example of the success of the current board. Marketed completely towards kids when hardly any kids go cus they all support Man Utd and Chelsea.

I had two kids sat next to me at the last home game, they were about 7 and 8, they spent most of the game moaning about it being boring. Thats why kids support the fancy teams, because they win, children are fickle. if we had something to cheer about they would enjoy it more.

I had two kids sat next to me at the last home game, they were about 7 and 8, they spent most of the game moaning about it being boring. Thats why kids support the fancy teams, because they win, children are fickle. if we had something to cheer about they would enjoy it more.

No that's because you sit there in silence.
You take "kids" to games where they sing etc then they will enjoy it.

And you are saying that someone from Leicester couldn't afford a scarf, grow up! The Liverpool fans have always been renowned for been absolutely minted haven't they!!

The point of handing them out is to, as previously mentioned, create interest in this idea not because people can't afford them.

so why give them out free then if they can afford them. I get fed up with everybody saying the club should do this do that, give this and that away for free and then moan when we cannot afford £150K for a player...

You're right i do sit there in silence, i prefer to watch the game, i have never been a big singer/chanter.

come on M17TT OG does have a valid point here

No he doesn't. If my sentence was :

'Its like the people at Newcastle who missed out on the free scarfs are not allowed to join in with their own scarfs.'

then he would. But as it says:

'Its NOT like the people at Newcastle who missed out on the free scarfs are not allowed to join in with their own scarfs.'

Then he doesn't. Or am I that stoned?

so why give them out free then if they can afford them. I get fed up with everybody saying the club should do this do that, give this and that away for free and then moan when we cannot afford £150K for a player...

Third and final time.

To create interest/market the idea!!!

Are you saying that Geordies cannot afford to buy a scarf then?

It died out simply because people stopped wearing scarfs to matches. In the 70s, most people here (and supporters in just about any other ground) wore a scarf to the match.

You're right i do sit there in silence, i prefer to watch the game, i have never been a big singer/chanter.

If "kids" go with their parents that are passionate and sing, chant etc etc then they are going to get into it more and be like their parents than if they sit there in silence in the west stand watching the shite that is served up on the pitch - Which is 90% of the time boring! I know I wouldn't go if I couldn't sing.

can't one of the admins or mods put a poll on this thread please

saying yes or no to if your moving over

It's not possible to add a poll once a thread has been started - even for a moderator.

Sorry!

Last edited:
If "kids" go with their parents that are passionate and sing, chant etc etc then they are going to get into it more and be like their parents than if they sit there in silence in the west stand watching the shite that is served up on the pitch - Which is 90% of the time boring! I know I wouldn't go if I couldn't sing.

the main reason i was excited when i first started going was the atmosphere and enjoyment, at that age you can concentrate for 90 mins on a football match.

I already a have a Leicester City scarf :102:

Here is a great idea for you, why the feck don't you read my post properly......

The point is so that everyone has the same scarf and therefore looks good ;) :icon_lol:

Frim the distance that most people will be looking, a scarf eill look like a scarf - as long as it's the right shade of blue!

No, but all they do is hold them upside down and sing some dreary song. Yes it could work if people have different scarfs but in giving them away with season tickets or before a home game it promotes the idea of the wavey above head thing at the same time and does look better!

Yup!! And they could put a couple of quid on admission to pay for it. :102:

Do you want to support the club or bleed it dry?

Third and final time.

To create interest/market the idea!!!

Are you saying that Geordies cannot afford to buy a scarf then?

The way to create interest is for the team to start winning or play exciting football, which they dont. The interest is there as we had full capacity when we played in the prem, and even in our promotion winning season the average was still around 30K.

but I also know people who cannot afford to go to matches let alone buy merchandise so they would miss out on your free giveaway. Do you go to all the matches then?

The way to create interest is for the team to start winning or play exciting football, which they dont. The interest is there as we had full capacity when we played in the prem, and even in our promotion winning season the average was still around 30K.

but I also know people who cannot afford to go to matches let alone buy merchandise so they would miss out on your free giveaway. Do you go to all the matches then?

Totally different, comparing a £10 scarf to something that would cost about £1500

Yup!! And they could put a couple of quid on admission to pay for it. :102:

Do you want to support the club or bleed it dry?

Support the club, how is buying a season ticket bleeding the club dry?

Frim the distance that most people will be looking, a scarf eill look like a scarf - as long as it's the right shade of blue!

This is not the stumbling block of the idea and you quite well know that.

Support the club, how is buying a season ticket bleeding the club dry?

You pay to go in to see the match - you don't pay so that they can give you some of your money back in the shape of a free scarf.

In the 60s people were relatively a lot worse off than they are now, but everybody had a scarf!

Totally different, comparing a £10 scarf to something that would cost about £1500

what costs £1500?.....:102:

I really do know people who would not be able to afford £5 let alone £10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69