Nalis Gillespie & Gemmill

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
webmaster said:
DurhamFox said:
CL has said he wants everything wrapped up by the end of the Plymouth game so they can break up for the summer. I honestly can't see how anyone is going to be offered a deal given that there is 24 hours, 48 at best of negotiating time available.

They won't be expected to accept a new deal immediately. Current contracts run until the end of June anyway, so I expect the players will be given a few weeks to think about it.

It's a good point - offer them 'take it or leave it' deals.

I'm not saying there's no room for negotiation - just that if there is any negotiation it doesn't have to happen immediately.

What CL wanted was for the players to know if they're going to be offered new contracts as soon as possible. If they're offered new contracts and need a couple of weeks on a beach to think about it I don't think the offer will be withdrawn.

Not that there will be many (any?) players in that position anyway!

I'm sad about Nalis and Gillespie, would have liked to see them stayon. Ah well, Levein knows best...

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Craig Levein is a **** wanker.

:eek: :eek: :roll: :p :p :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: Care to explain :?:

chappyblue said:
Where did MB get this info from :smt102 I cant find it on any site.

Just wait for everyone else to catch up. :roll: :p :p

I like it. Of the older generation the only 2 worth keeping are Dion and Walks, the rest can go with my best wishes. However, if they don't like what they are offered, they can go as well. I wont lose any sleep over it.

Players, CL has so far brought in, are playing with some passion and desire. Something that has been missing from any City team for quite a while.

No manager gets it right everytime, but the future is looking good :D

Bit strange that the best player in the last two games, together with the Supporters Club player of the year are going, but I can't say I'm that surprised

After this season (and last), they can all piss off as far as I'm concerned

The problem is CL aint going to make the same mistake MA did, in having to replace his whole squad, they make take a long time to Gel

Barton Fox on another forum said:
Everyone wanted to give CL the summer to mould his own team and already we have folk moaning as he clears the deadwood that secured us 15th spot in the Coca Cola Championship!!!!

Dead wood is right

I want these useless inept, incompetent boobies out of my club. The whole feckin lot of 'em

im a bit sad about gilly, he was decent and when he played in 2005 he played well. CL turned him around i think he deserved another year but if he's going then good luck to him.

Nalis played extremely well against derby but he has been a bit hit and miss, with his commitment amongst other things but also good luck to him.

Gemmil im not surprised about i dont know why CL ever put him in the squad or gave him that 6 month extension.

as for Dabizas, Walker, Wilcox, Blake and whoever else is on that list i would like to see Walks stay but the rest can feck off they dont wear the badge they wear the wage. ****ss

Thanks MB keep us posted asap please!!!

I'm pleased all 3 are going.

I'm sorry Nalis you may have played well in the last 2 matches but CL can see right through you. Too late Monsiour you should have put in decent performances long before your contract was due to expire.

Gillespie? Much the same. Too late pal. You are a very strange charachter by the way. Not the sort of bloke i'd want next to me in the trenches thats for sure.

Gemmill was a no-brainer. Benefits of keeping him? errrr none.

Cheers boys

....oh and by the way MB do you happen to know if we offered them contracts on reduced wages and they rejected or we didnt offer them a contract at all?

And does this mean Klep is on his way?

Think there are several factors to consider for the Walker & Dublin deals

- make up of deal, i.e. contracts are now based more on drawing/winning not appearing, so they have to play to gain

- yes the basic salary

- duration of contract, will they both be looking for more than one year deals (a bit like the fans with kits!) & if not offered can they obtain 2 years elsewhere

- will an element of coaching be included, as Dublin fancies being a coach in the long term

- can Walker get a Southern based Prem club to make an offer, which may appeal on a personal level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669