Nalis Gillespie & Gemmill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxes_Trust said:
Think there are several factors to consider for the Walker & Dublin deals

- make up of deal, i.e. contracts are now based more on drawing/winning not appearing, so they have to play to gain

- yes the basic salary

- duration of contract, will they both be looking for more than one year deals (a bit like the fans with kits!) & if not offered can they obtain 2 years elsewhere

- will an element of coaching be included, as Dublin fancies being a coach in the long term

- can Walker get a Southern based Prem club to make an offer, which may appeal on a personal level

...that explains the 20 odd draws this season then....

well my mum probably aint going to be too happy about gillespie going, think she has/had a thing about him lately :roll: mind its not as bad as the thing she had for elliott.... :roll:

cant believe gillespie is going though ive just got my 3yr old nephew saying his name

The Voice From Above said:
Thanks MB keep us posted asap please!!!

I'm pleased all 3 are going.

I'm sorry Nalis you may have played well in the last 2 matches but CL can see right through you. Too late Monsiour you should have put in decent performances long before your contract was due to expire.

Gillespie? Much the same. Too late pal. You are a very strange charachter by the way. Not the sort of bloke i'd want next to me in the trenches thats for sure.

Gemmill was a no-brainer. Benefits of keeping him? errrr none.

Cheers boys

Yes, also Nalis had been indicating that he was looking to retire/ return to France. People seem to overlook that he is well into his 30's and whilst he has ability, he is not one for the future.

Gillespie - thank goodness CL was not taken in by the late flourish in the same way that some members of this Forum have been -he was not good for the club and would have gone back to sleep with a new contract.

Gemmill? - brought in as cover - no longer good enough - I feel a bit sorry for him but he got an extra year's employment out of it.

Interesting stuff this, and a definite sign of Levein's intent to play a new generation of players.

The replacements he brings in will make or break him. I have a feeling this club may be going forwards - patience, however, is a virtue. I can already hear the fans chanting "Levein Out!" after we finish mid table next year.

step said:
The problem is CL aint going to make the same mistake MA did, in having to replace his whole squad, they make take a long time to Gel

I dont think that will be the case, CL made his mind up quite quickly about a number of players, namely Benjamin Scowy and Blake. He obviously knew where we were weak and bought in a few decent players to try to bolster the squad and he has said that he wants to know who is staying and who is going by the time the Plymouth game is over.

He must already know who he wants to stay and have a plan of who he wants to get in should a few of the players he wanted to keep leave.

Well done Craig Levein, every player he has released or moved on since he came to the club, has been the same players most of us fans had been unhappy with : Scowy, Blake, Benji, Makin, Dabizas, Gemmill etc and he has also now released Walker, Gillespie and Nalis who in his mind maybe lacked the desire and commitment to play on in the championship, whilst all 3 have done ok, they are not world beaters and for the money we have saved Craig can perhaps unearth a couple more in the moulds of Maybury, McCarthy and Hughes.

I'm sad to see Walker & Gillespie (who was improving) leave, but obviously there isn't enough money to offer the wages they were after. Hopefully Scowcroft/Makin/Wilcox & perhaps even injury prone Morris will be on their journeys too.

Levein needs to get his own men in so I'm not worried yet! I'm sure he'll do a good job with limited funds like at Hearts. I like the idea of Dawson getting a chance next season, but what I can't understand is why he hasn't been given a chance this season when someone like Gillespie has been playing every week & he's released. Surely Levein knew he couldn't hold onto him with the wage cuts or is it a lack of communication from upstairs? I mean would you play someone who you couldn't keep with nothing to play for or test some of the younger lads out?

Who-Izzet said:
I'm sad to see Walker & Gillespie (who was improving) leave, but obviously there isn't enough money to offer the wages they were after. Hopefully Scowcroft/Makin/Wilcox & perhaps even injury prone Morris will be on their journeys too.

Levein needs to get his own women in so I'm not worried yet! I'm sure he'll do a good job with limited funds like at Hearties. I like the idea of Dawson getting a chance next season, but what I can't understand is why he hasn't been given a chance this season when someone like Gillespie has been playing every week & he's released. Surely Levein knew he couldn't hold onto him with the wag cuts or is it a lack of communication from upstairs? I mean would you play someone who you couldn't keep with nothing to play for or test some of the younger lads out?

I think CL was playing the players who he knew would form our best team, whether or not they were staying in the summer, until we were safe from relegation

I think this is the only way forward. Dabizas was a liability too often at the back, especially considering his wage, Walker was a luxury, Nalis I don't ever think was quite as good as we hoped and again was probably on too much money, Gemmill, whatever, Blake, te rah, Gillespie, although played well of late again was too costly and could prevent other players coming in, Scowie needs to go too, Ipswich I don't think even want him! Wilcox? Nah...

Out of all the oldies Dublin's a good one to keep for coaching and leadership as well as being able to play differing roles. I wonder how much Morris is on? Christ...

Personally I would like Joey to stay as I think he could be a good player for us, although with Kisnorbo arriving perhaps his days are numbered.

Onwards and upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670