national DNA database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in the UK DNA stored on Computer? This is all powerful information. All sorts of people want to use it for commercial reasons, e.g. life & health insurance, mortgages, loans, etc. No Goverment should be trusted with such data

does the government sell your tax information onto credit card companies?
or what about the DVLA sell on information to car insurance companies?
or the Health Service sell your hospital records to insurance companies?

:102:

the government, whilst having a nasty habit of losing data, doesn't pass it on

you'd have to be very forensic aware to leave no trace

Or commit crimes wearing one of those all-encompassing rubberised fetish suits with only a tiny slit for your eyes and nostrils :icon_bigg

I didnt say it sells it, but they can't securely control it, and if it suited them, they would do what they liked with data they hold.

I dont have any objections to having my DNA on record, as long as I could trust the Government of the time not to balls it up and lose it somewhere. Would certainly help to solve serious crimes alot more quickly and I'm all for that.

I'd run with that

Except to The Illuminati........

I dont have any objections to having my DNA on record... Would certainly help to solve serious crimes alot more quickly.

erm....

only if you or a relative of yours did the crimes :)

Everyone in the UK DNA stored on Computer? This is all powerful information. All sorts of people want to use it for commercial reasons, e.g. life & health insurance, mortgages, loans, etc. No Goverment should be trusted with such data, no matter how vital it may be to criminal investigations. It would be done on the cheap and there would be so many fingers in the pie that it could never be secure. Irrespective of party, Governments lie to the public when it serves their interests. ID Cards I am not arsed either way. the DNA of every man women and child in this country held on a computer is something I do not want.

I can't see criminals, paedo's, terrorists, hooligans and the like queuing up with their true identities outside Boots (or anywhere else) to provive their DNA swab. :018:

Colin Pitchfork comes to mind. Got his mate to give DNA under his name.

Last edited:

you can buy a load of names and address from local councils, who take them straight off the electoral role.
That is info you have submitted to them in good faith.

There is a box you can tick to say you dont want this to happen but 98% of people don't do this as they don't know the box is there. Such a very small box and cleverly hidden.

you can buy a load of names and address from local councils, who take them straight off the electoral role.
That is info you have submitted to them in good faith.

There is a box you can tick to say you dont want this to happen but 98% of people don't do this as they don't know the box is there. Such a very small box and cleverly hidden.

the police have the electoral role to call upon too

yeah the fact they refuse is more of an indicator than anything...

he sent a mate down under his name to get tested. The OB thought they had his DNA but was really his mates who did not live in the Narborough area. He boasted about to some women in the Clarendon Pub, and they dobbed him in, and Pitchfork was then also pulled in.
What Chuck and myself are saying, whats stopping this happening again if they ever ran a nationwide data base. :102:

of course, but the councils sell the lists to direct marketing companies... Is this a right and proper thing to do. We all maon about having phone call or junk mail trying to sell insurance, windows health cover and the like.

and there are huge numbers of people missing from that and the census forms.

I know a couple of people who were employed to collect data for the last census and getting people in certain parts of town to fill in and return their forms was nigh on impossible.

As ever it will be the fairly law abiding majority who will do as they are told and also pick up the cost and the people who don't want to be on it for whatever reason will not play ball. May be in the future they can catch everyone at birth but that still leaves the problem of people not born here.

What Chuck and myself are saying, whats stopping this happening again if they ever ran a nationwide data base. :102:

two things:-

deduping of the database would catch someone who got someone to stand in for them

the police now swab the inside of your mouth themselves, the technology has moved on since then

of course, but the councils sell the lists to direct marketing companies... Is this a right and proper thing to do. We all maon about having phone call or junk mail trying to sell insurance, windows health cover and the like.

no, it's utterly shit, the box should be to *allow* them to do that

btw found this

http://www.tracesmart.co.uk/latest-news/?id=391

42% opted out for 2008

Last edited:
and there are huge numbers of people missing from that and the census forms.

I know a couple of people who were employed to collect data for the last census and getting people in certain parts of town to fill in and return their forms was nigh on impossible.

As ever it will be the fairly law abiding majority who will do as they are told and also pick up the cost and the people who don't want to be on it for whatever reason will not play ball. May be in the future they can catch everyone at birth but that still leaves the problem of people not born here.

which again shows the massive cost of getting everyone's DNA, might as just wait for the scousers to get arrested rather than dodging bullets in sink estates

out of interest, is it illegal to not fill in the census?

it is the law to fill out the electoral role, i'm not sure about the census though, i assume it is

what are the differences and what are their purposes?? is the electoral one used to give you a vote in the elections?? :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46