Neil Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
I'm not yet convinced if getting Lennon would be that much of a great move. He's in a different condition from when we first had him and we have a completely different set up to when he was last here.

I think Lennon may also be wanting to rekindle his former youthful glory days that are long gone.

At best he'll be a stop-gap for next season alone. Then send him to Cov.
he could be the player to cover until weso is ready though, then give him a coaching role.

fcukcov said:
he could be the player to cover until weso is ready though, then give him a coaching role.

My thoughts exactly. ;)

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
At best he'll be a stop-gap for next season alone. Then send him to Cov.

Am i seeing things, a true city great and your wishing that on him. Tut Tut muzzy

alex said:
In fairness to Bob I think his information was sound, I don't think anyone at that time expected RK to perform the miracles he did.

I think it was more about the other people, such as The Fox (I think) who said that Cotterill was definitely joining us. Then a week later it was Newell who was certain to be installed.

As I said Bob has proved more reliable than others, but that saga meant that I'm not inclined to take any 'insider' rumours 100% seriously.

glyn said:
I think it was more about the other people, such as The Fox (I think) who said that Cotterill was definitely joining us. Then a week later it was Newell who was certain to be installed.

As I said Bob has proved more reliable than others, but that saga meant that I'm not inclined to take any 'insider' rumours 100% seriously.

Glyn, I've not said that Lennon IS coming back (hence no rumour from me!)....I've merely stated that, once again, he has made it known that he'd welcome a return in some capacity. However, there are further opportunities open to him at this moment in time so its unsure.............??

Whether the new regime at City would share his enthusiasm for a possible return, only time will tell..

PS Re the 'insider' rumours you refer to, I hold my hands open about the manager stuff pre-RK, it was me that said stick your house on Lennon returning as temp manager/coach/whatever....Sorry, but it so very,very nearly happened...honest!!!

lako42 said:
Am i seeing things, a true city great and your wishing that on him. Tut Tut muzzy

:icon_lol:

I didn't mean it like that. I meant that Mickeh would snap him up if Lennon was to be looking for a new team, because of his age

Last edited:
ill let you off this time :)

BOB HAZELL said:
Glyn, I've not said that Lennon IS coming back (hence no rumour from me!)....I've merely stated that, once again, he has made it known that he'd welcome a return in some capacity. However, there are further opportunities open to him at this moment in time so its unsure.............??

Whether the new regime at City would share his enthusiasm for a possible return, only time will tell..

PS Re the 'insider' rumours you refer to, I hold my hands open about the manager stuff pre-RK, it was me that said stick your house on Lennon returning as temp manager/coach/whatever....Sorry, but it so very,very nearly happened...honest!!!

Cheers Bob, I got the jist of what you were saying about Lenny but was talking more generally about speculation.

Do keep the info coming and let us make our own mind up about whether we believe it or not!

sorry if i sound stupid here but is the poster bob hazell actually the ex city player :102: just it would explain his inside info!

drummindefender said:
sorry if i sound stupid here but is the poster bob hazell actually the ex city player :102: just it would explain his inside info!
a) No it wouldn't and b) I doubt it. I left a job only 3 years ago and I don't know what is happening there now

Melton Fox said:
a) No it wouldn't and b) I doubt it. I left a job only 3 years ago and I don't know any less about what is happening there now than I did then

I've had people like that working for me;)

Last edited:
OldGit said:
I've had people like that working for me;)
If I had thought about it, I probably would have included that little bit myself :icon_bigg

drummindefender said:

Think he works at the club, Bob Hazell the poster that is, not the former player !!

Lennon was in the fanclub a week or so ago for a britpop night :D

My mate had a chat to him and said we'd love to have him back - Lennon replied along the lines of maybe not as a player but possibly as a coach or manager one day...

That said, he couldve just been trying to shrug my mate off so he could go dancing to Echobelly, Menwe@r or the Bluetones!!

themoralkiosk said:

My mate had a chat to him and said we'd love to have him back - Lennon replied along the lines of maybe not as a player but possibly as a coach or manager one day...

That said, he couldve just been trying to shrug my mate off so he could go dancing to Echobelly, Menwe@r or the Bluetones!!

This some kind of joke that City's fan are living in the past

themoralkiosk said:

best club in Leicester by a country mile. Had many a good night in this 'safe haven' over the years...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669