Never before in my life have I felt so scared by my own government

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7474801.stm

This is shocking. Now New Labour are literally passing a bill that gives white males less rights than everyone else. I don't see how any decent person could support this. It is literally racial discrimination. Nothing more.

I just cannot believe the sort of things this government dares to do, and the lack of sense in their actions. Unless the Conservatives change it when they get in power I really would consider trying to leave the country. You only get one life, and being a white male, I don't really want to spend it being treated as a second class citizen.

The majority of workplaces will just ignore it and continue doing the pretty decent job they do.

I hope so. The ridiculous thing about this bill is that it nobody at all actually benefits from it. They were interviewing some black women on Channel 4 News and they said that they wanted to get a job because of their ability, not because their employer needs to tick a box. That's a fair point I think. So all this bill does is racially discriminates against white men, and then just patronises ethnic minorities.

Whilst I am not reactionary enough to get wound up over this and I doubt it will ever affect my life, I do find it slightly amusing that in the same bill that they are making it illegal to discriminate on age they are making it legal to discriminate on race and gender. If it ever goes through of course.

positive discrimination.
It's why a lot of young white South Africans are working in the UK.

I would like to think that the best person for the job would be the natural choice for selection.

I would like to think that the best person for the job would be the natural choice for selection.

That silly old thing called logic. I think it's safe to say New Labour doesn't believe in that.

Weren't you alive in the Thatcher years then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7474801.stm

This is shocking. Now New Labour are literally passing a bill that gives white males less rights than everyone else. I don't see how any decent person could support this. It is literally racial discrimination. Nothing more.

I just cannot believe the sort of things this government dares to do, and the lack of sense in their actions. Unless the Conservatives change it when they get in power I really would consider trying to leave the country. You only get one life, and being a white male, I don't really want to spend it being treated as a second class citizen.

It's like their scrapping of the 10p-in-the-£ tax band - a decision that made the poor poorer and the rich richer.

It's like their insistence on the 42-day detention thing for terrorists - it's not needed - the laws already exist that can keep them locked up.

It's like their pushing through of the Lisbon Treaty, when it's clear that they can not win the referendum we were promised on the treaty before last.

There is a complete lack of sense in any of it. This lot have lost the plot.

I think there is a lot of sense in "pushing through the Lisbon treaty", the people are basically idiots and don't know what's best for them. Change is always seen as negative. The Lisbon treaty is far better than what exists at the moment which is not sustainable with a 27 country union.

Despite his flaws I do think my boss has a good take on all this. He says that if two guys come for a job and he hires the less able one to meet some political criteria the only thing that suffers is his business. He can't afford to not hire the best man for the job, irrispective of age, color or creed

Despite his flaws I do think my boss has a good take on all this. He says that if two guys come for a job and he hires the less able one to meet some political criteria the only thing that suffers is his business. He can't afford to not hire the best man for the job, irrispective of age, color or creed
My previous boss (35 mill turnover) said "I will always employ the best person for the job regardless of background. But the moment I'm told who to employ because of their background, I'll close my business down"

He is deadly serious.

I think there is a lot of sense in "pushing through the Lisbon treaty", the people are basically idiots and don't know what's best for them. Change is always seen as negative. The Lisbon treaty is far better than what exists at the moment which is not sustainable with a 27 country union.

Bollocks that is! We need to pull out of Europe and then see who suffers.
Join up with the USA and nuke the ****ing lot of em, just to prove a point that we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669