Never before in my life have I felt so scared by my own government

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a lot of sense in "pushing through the Lisbon treaty", the people are basically idiots and don't know what's best for them. Change is always seen as negative. The Lisbon treaty is far better than what exists at the moment which is not sustainable with a 27 country union.

That is quite possibly one of the most stunningly patronising and offensive posts that I have ever had the displeasure of reading on this forum.

Th Lisbon treaty is the constitution for an undemocratic federal European state and, as boc has said, there is a reneged promise for a plebiscite for UK citizens on its ratification.

Thankfully I did have the opportunity to vote against it, but presumably in your eyes I'm just an ungrateful, idiotic Paddy who doesn't know any better.

That is quite possibly one of the most stunningly patronising and offensive posts that I have ever had the displeasure of reading on this forum
Do you know what patronising means? Would you like me to explain it to you? I can talk slowly if you need me to.

Do you know what patronising means? Would you like me to explain it to you? I can talk slowly if you need me to.

:icon_lol:

You wouldn't be able to, we're all idiots, did you know that?

Bollocks that is! We need to pull out of Europe and then see who suffers.
Join up with the USA and nuke the ****ing lot of em, just to prove a point that we can.

I am not sure you know who our friends and enemies are. :102:

Bollocks that is! We need to pull out of Europe and then see who suffers.
Join up with the USA and nuke the ****ing lot of em, just to prove a point that we can.

:081:

How old are you BG as most of the time on here you come across as the stereotypical 12-year old blue mongie! Although to be fair, your SP&G is of a much higher standard.

Do you believe that someone who is a minority in the workplace by means of nothing more than race, gender, age, working pattern, disability etc, should be treated and paid comparatively worse than someone else?

If you don't, there is nothing in this bill to fear.

People should always achieve on their own merits. However, when someone's own merits are not sufficient to achieve parity, a government is right to legislate to aid them. The truth is that discrimination is still rife in this country. All studies of comparative pay and opportunity show this to be the case.

Both the government and the opposition would like to do something to redress this. For this, they should be applauded. Those of us who are part of the stereotypical elite (i.e. white middle class males) should welcome a fairer challenge. It is nothing more than insecurity or dressed up bigotry to think otherwise surely?

People should always achieve on their own merits. However, when someone's own merits are not sufficient to achieve parity, a government is right to legislate to aid them. The truth is that discrimination is still rife in this country. All studies of comparative pay and opportunity show this to be the case.
I'm guessing at this, it's ignorant, so don't shoot me over it. But I reckon I could choose a whole load of other countries at random, go to live there, and suffer greater prejudices, discrimination and bigotry than most foreigners, women and disabled people will ever suffer in this country.

TBH, I personaly believe we are one of the more advanced nations when it comes to this type of topic, but as I said, it's only a guess.

Nothing wrong with this Bill at all

I can't see what all the fuss is about, you reactionary bunch of tossers

And you've all missed the most important bit, anyway :

It will also give women the right to breastfeed in public

Mmmmm...Bitty........ :038: :038: :038:

Last edited:
To my mind it is a desperate attempt by a failing Government to 'curry' the votes of women and ethnic minorities before the general election. Our company already operates a policy whereby these groups are automatically given an interview for job vacancies where the likes of myself might be excluded during a paper sift.
Surely it would be fairer to insist that applications were devoid of any reference to gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc? Applicants could use their initials so that Rachel Patterson, Richard Perkins and Raj Patel appeared only as RP and were considered on their experience, qualifications etc.? Bit naive granted but better than reducing white males to second class citizens.

Applicants could use their initials so that Rachel Patterson, Richard Perkins and Raj Patel appeared only as RP

i saw Raj the other week, he's not looking to move

oh and my 2p: labour are desperately trying to lose this election because the economy is ****ed and the want the tories to preside over a nasty economical period and then get back in after

:icon_bigg

You can already write 2015's news headlines 'Labour landslide after Tories destroy Browns legacy'

You can already write 2015's news headlines 'Labour landslide after Tories destroy Browns legacy'

Labour sneak back in after five years of recession, stagflation and strikes

:icon_eek:

One of the Back to Future films went to 2015 and they had hover cars and hover boards and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669