Never before in my life have I felt so scared by my own government

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new law won't be able to stop companies employing the best person for the job.

Maybe not, but it will probably ensure that public sector posts will have even more incompetents in posts that they haven't a clue about. This is the main area where box ticking is more important than ability.

Maybe not, but it will probably ensure that public sector posts will have even more incompetents in posts that they haven't a clue about. This is the main area where box ticking is more important than ability.

and in my dealings with them does it show! Most of them wouldnt last 5 minutes in the private sector.

You'd get on well with Mugabe.

but of course there are individuals like you who understand the implications of everything and not just anti-change. :icon_wink

That is quite possibly one of the most stunningly patronising and offensive posts that I have ever had the displeasure of reading on this forum.

Th Lisbon treaty is the constitution for an undemocratic federal European state and, as boc has said, there is a reneged promise for a plebiscite for UK citizens on its ratification.

Thankfully I did have the opportunity to vote against it, but presumably in your eyes I'm just an ungrateful, idiotic Paddy who doesn't know any better.

You know yourself better than I do.

the present EU constitution is a mess and not capable of handling 27 states let alone more - without a change to the lisbon treaty the EU will become another impotent UN.

You know yourself better than I do.

Correct, but you labeled everybody 'stupid'.

the present EU constitution is a mess and not capable of handling 27 states let alone more - without a change to the lisbon treaty the EU will become another impotent UN.

There isn't a present EU constitution, it was rejected by France & the Netherlands, and one would only be required if the EU were to move from being union of states trading between each other to being a federal state.
I have absolutely no desire to belong to a country called Europe, but even if I did I would still have voted against the Lisbon treaty because it is insanely undemocratic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670