New City Home Kit unveiled Friday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not entirely clear whether the players are going to be wearing it, or it's just going to be available for pre-order though. They could be just 'unveiling' it by having it on display in the Megastore.

If Topps tiles have anything to do with it the players will be wearing this seasons kit on Friday night!!!

The deal's been ended early though - we don't know what the terms of it are, could be that debuting the new kit at the Scunthorpe game was one of the conditions? Who knows...

I thought it was supposed to run for another year - think someone posted it on here? Perhaps I'm mistaken.

After you corrected me a few days ago, I checked out the situation. The initial deal was for two years, with an option to extend. There has been a mutual agreement not to extend and if Topps Tiles shorts are not worn on Friday, City will receive slightly less in sponsorship.

After you corrected me a few days ago, I checked out the situation. The initial deal was for two years, with an option to extend. There has been a mutual agreement not to extend and if Topps Tiles shorts are not worn on Friday, City will receive slightly less in sponsorship.

Has this been made clear publicly? If not, how would you know?

I'm also unsure on the discounts for the first 2,000. It would appear the club are offering 40% discount for season ticket holders? Surely not?

City's Season Ticket Holders will have access to an unprecedented 20% discount on the new kit, 10% as part of the existing season-ticket holder benefits, and an additional 10% as part of the club's 125-year anniversary celebrations.

Nah, it looks like the 20% is made up of the existing benefits and 125 year celebrations rather than in addition to.

No wonder they are saying the semicolon is being pushed out of existence.

Nothing like a bit of ambiguity to make you think you're getting a better deal, wouldn't surprise me if it's intentionally misleading.

No wonder they are saying the semicolon is being pushed out of existence.

Are you suggesting that a semicolon is missing? Where exactly would you place a semicolon in that sentence?

I don't find it at all ambiguous.

Are you suggesting that a semicolon is missing? Where exactly would you place a semicolon in that sentence?

I don't find it at all ambiguous.

I would place it after the 20% discount has been pronounced like so:

City's Season Ticket Holders will have access to an unprecedented 20% discount on the new kit; 10% as part of the existing season-ticket holder benefits, and an additional 10% as part of the club's 125-year anniversary celebrations.

The 20% discount is made clear, then the sentence goes on to break down exactly how the 20% discount has been made up.

With the use of a comma, it's as though additional discounts were being listed, rather than further explained.

Poor grammer.

I would place it after the 20% discount has been pronounced

The 20% discount is made clear, then the sentence goes on to break down exactly how the 20% discount has been made up.

With the use of a comma, it's as though additional discounts were being listed, rather than further explained.

But that would be an incorrect use of a semicolon and, in fact, introduces more ambiguity as a semicolon used like that denotes a list of similar items.

Poor grammer.

Poor grammar indeed. :icon_lol:

Has this been made clear publicly? If not, how would you know?

I'm also unsure on the discounts for the first 2,000. It would appear the club are offering 40% discount for season ticket holders? Surely not?

Do you really expect to get an answer to that question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669