New ex-players (and managers) thread

There are some players who showed glimpses of potential, like Kramaric, Musa, Slimani, Iborra, Silva and Iheanacho who never quite got going, I sympathize a little, particularly with the strikers, as competing with a consistent, quality player like Vardy means the club doesn't need to be patient with you. I think their confidence is fragile, and given a run of games and patience they may well be good players but I can't blame Puel for not giving them that chance.

Their abilities and reputations before we signed them suggested they would be good signings, but they lack determination and resilience to fight for a place. We don't seem to research the personality of players any more, something that used to be very important in our recruitment process.

We don't seem to research the personality of players any more, something that used to be very important in our recruitment process.

I discussed something not too dissimilar the other day. I honestly think we don't bother tapping players up and get players we can afford rather than ones who want to be here. Slimani may constantly have a face like a smacked arse, but maybe he just got made to leave his club. I remember seeing Nacho photographed at his medical and looking miserable as ****. Hasn't looked interest since either.

There are some players who showed glimpses of potential, like Kramaric, Musa, Slimani, Iborra, Silva and Iheanacho who never quite got going, I sympathize a little, particularly with the strikers, as competing with a consistent, quality player like Vardy means the club doesn't need to be patient with you. I think their confidence is fragile, and given a run of games and patience they may well be good players but I can't blame Puel for not giving them that chance.

Their abilities and reputations before we signed them suggested they would be good signings, but they lack determination and resilience to fight for a place. We don't seem to research the personality of players any more, something that used to be very important in our recruitment process.

Maybe we just aren't as good as Man City at integrating players.

We sign them, never play them and then use them out of position before giving them 10 minute cameos before telling them to **** off (Musa)

Our recruitment, use of signed players and integration within the 1st team over time is absolutely ****ing useless.

No joined up thinking, no long term thinking, barely any ****ing thinking

Maybe we just aren't as good as Man City at integrating players.

We sign them, never play them and then use them out of position before giving them 10 minute cameos before telling them to **** off (Musa)

Our recruitment, use of signed players and integration within the 1st team over time is absolutely ****ing useless.

No joined up thinking, no long term thinking, barely any ****ing thinking

Yep. Exactly like we did with Maddison, Maguire, Ndidi, Ricardo, Albrighton, Okazaki, Fuchs....

So some players did well, doesn't mean much. I mean it would be fairly incredible if every player we ever signed failed.

Some need more time, work, patience than others.

So some players did well, doesn't mean much. I mean it would be fairly incredible if every player we ever signed failed.

Some need more time, work, patience than others.
Then don't use the experiences of the few to describe the many. If we don't play them immediately, it's probably because they haven't shown they are good enough as others have.

Tommy Wright has become the caretaker manager of Carlisle, following John Sheridan's resignation.

It looks like Sheridan will be replacing Martin Allen at Chesterfield.

Seems a bizarre move, leaving a club in the league 2 play off places for one near the bottom of the national league.
Even more bizarre if it’s true thatTommy Wright finally leaves Aberdeen. Or is it the other Tommy Wright?

Even more bizarre if it’s true thatTommy Wright finally leaves Aberdeen. Or is it the other Tommy Wright?

When I type his name my phone changes it to tiny weight

It's the Tommy Wright who's at Carlisle. Not the Tommy Wright who is manager of Darlington, or the Tommy Wright who is manager of St Johnstone.

The Tommy Wright who is manager of Darlington still plays for Aberdeen...

When I type his name my phone changes it to tiny weight

It's the Tommy Wright who's at Carlisle. Not the Tommy Wright who is manager of Darlington, or the Tommy Wright who is manager of St Johnstone.

The Tommy Wright who is manager of Darlington still plays for Aberdeen...

Are any of them the 'Ooo'?

Tommy Wright has become the caretaker manager of Carlisle, following John Sheridan's resignation.

It looks like Sheridan will be replacing Martin Allen at Chesterfield.

Seems a bizarre move, leaving a club in the league 2 play off places for one near the bottom of the national league.
Who wants to live in Carlisle, though....

Sheffield United's Richard Stearman brings down Ephron Mason-Clark to give Barnet a 0-1 penalty win and take them to the 4th round for the first time in 11 years

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463