New ex-players (and managers) thread

I think he was solid enough and a decent enough player for us but 'star'? I'm becoming a proper grumpy old bastard as time gallops on by but this sensationalist, hyperbolic press speak gets right on my thruppennies.
Superb post.

I keep* thinking of Mark Morrison. Do you think I need counselling?

(* well, not "keep" as in every waking second but at the mention of Michael M)

Celtic are reported to have pulled out of offering a trial for ex-Leicester defender Danny Simpson.

The 32-year-old was due to arrive in Glasgow today to be put through his paces at Lennoxtown with a view to a deal.

However, according to The Scottish Sun, the move has been scrapped as the club look set to sign Israeli defender Hatem Abd Elhamed from Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

Ah yes let’s just pay him off and release him rather than sell him to one of his potential suitors. This is all presuming we want to get rid of him, which we don’t.

I think you’ve had too much sun.

You're missing my point. Marshall was a highly rated winger when he joined us and he didn't progress and learn. His career has subsequently drifted to the point that Norwich just want rid. He'll be lucky to get a League One side now.

Gray has had longer and many more chances with us than Marshall was afforded. If he doesn't learn and progress quickly, he could easily see his career slide too.

You're missing my point. Marshall was a highly rated winger when he joined us and he didn't progress and learn. His career has subsequently drifted to the point that Norwich just want rid. He'll be lucky to get a League One side now.

Gray has had longer and many more chances with us than Marshall was afforded. If he doesn't learn and progress quickly, he could easily see his career slide too.
Ah ok I see what you mean - I read it a different way.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463