New ex-players (and managers) thread

What makes you think that? What he actually said was, "I've actually been to watch them play quite a bit in the last three years..."

This;

-But despite the fact City romped to the Championship title with more than 100 points, it was the performance as a team over 90 minutes against Yeovil that left Banks fearing for their chances this season. "When I saw them against Yeovil, they were lucky to get a draw," he said. "I said to my friend, 'I tell you what, they better play a little bit better than this or they'll come straight down'.-

Which is true of course, but harsh to judge them on that game alone.

Last edited:
This;

-But despite the fact City romped to the Championship title with more than 100 points, it was the performance as a team over 90 minutes against Yeovil that left Banks fearing for their chances this season. "When I saw them against Yeovil, they were lucky to get a draw," he said. "I said to my friend, 'I tell you what, they better play a little bit better than this or they'll come straight down'.-

Which is true of course, but harsh to judge them on that game alone.
[/FONT]

I'm sorry; I don't interpret it in the same way. He specifically says he has seen them quite a few times and I don't think anybody could argue with what he says about our performance in the Yeovil game. I'm not even sure that the 'Banks fearing for their future' statement of the writer is a fair summation of what Banks is quoted as saying.

Bloody foreigners, coming over here and misinterpreting our news stories.

Domkraft

I'm sorry; I don't interpret it in the same way. He specifically says he has seen them quite a few times and I don't think anybody could argue with what he says about our performance in the Yeovil game. I'm not even sure that the 'Banks fearing for their future' statement of the writer is a fair summation of what Banks is quoted as saying.

Judging the teams chances in 2014/15 based on the previous three years is bollocks.

Judging the teams chances in 2014/15 based on the performance against Yeovil is even more bollocks.

Judging the teams chances in 2014/15 based on 2013/14 is just bucket loads of bollocks.

In summary he is talking bollocks.

Judging the teams chances in 2014/15 based on the previous three years is bollocks.

Judging the teams chances in 2014/15 based on the performance against Yeovil is even more bollocks.

Judging the teams chances in 2014/15 based on 2013/14 is just bucket loads of bollocks.

In summary he is talking bollocks.
Something like that, yes.

I'm worried that some people seem to be getting annoyed/upset/think it's ridiculous when people suggest we will struggle this season. We will struggle. That is just part of getting promoted. If people are expecting us not to struggle then we'll end up with the same nonsense moaning by Christmas when we're near the bottom.

Matt, I think the general consensus is we will struggle against the better sides. I think we all hope we will be at least competitive against the rest.

If you are referring to my response regarding what Gordon Banks has said then I simply find his comments ridiculas on how he has come to that conclusion.

If he had said that we may struggle because we have lacked in quantity or quality signings most on here would no doubt agree with that.

Last edited:
Matt, I think the general consensus is we will struggle against the better sides. I think we all hope we will be at least competitive against the rest.

If you are referring to my response regarding what Gordon Banks has said then I simply find his comments ridiculas on how he has come to that conclusion.

If he had said that we may struggle because we have lacked in quantity or quality signings most on here would no doubt agree with that.

It's not just that one, there have been a few comments regarding what other pundits have said. Hopefully I'm just misreading it and we will be positive fans no matter what.

It's not just that one, there have been a few comments regarding what other pundits have said. Hopefully I'm just misreading it and we will be positive fans no matter what.
Hello, you must be new here so welcome to the forum & the world of LCFC fans

If we are to believe what was written, all we know Banks actually said is contained in inverted commas. The rest is the work of the writer of the article. The only thing that is contained in inverted commas is the bit about how we played against Yeovil. Do you not agree that we will need to play better than we did against Yeovil?

We will need to play better than we did against Yeovil - YES or NO?

Hello, you must be new here so welcome to the forum & the world of LCFC fans

Thanks Mawsley - you've saved me a post.

If we are to believe what was written, all we know Banks actually said is contained in inverted commas. The rest is the work of the writer of the article. The only thing that is contained in inverted commas is the bit about how we played against Yeovil. Do you not agree that we will need to play better than we did against Yeovil?

We will need to play better than we did against Yeovil - YES or NO?
That depends on if the opposition plays as well as Yeovil.

Akinbiyi was on talk sport at about 2.40 yesterday afternoon discussing us and Burnley. He didn't say much interest.

Domkraft??? Am I misinterprerererereting even more here?

I spent 8 months travelling with a couple of Swedish lads, that was my favourite word.

Can't beat a nice Domkraft

I spent 8 months travelling with a couple of Swedish lads, that was my favourite word.

Can't beat a nice Domkraft
You mean one of these? Makes it all much clearer....

images.jpg

if we are to believe what was written, all we know banks actually said is contained in inverted commas. The rest is the work of the writer of the article. The only thing that is contained in inverted commas is the bit about how we played against yeovil. Do you not agree that we will need to play better than we did against yeovil?

We will need to play better than we did against yeovil - yes or no?

maybe

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664