New ex-players (and managers) thread

SSL - wake up! You're never going to get a contract anywhere near as ridiculous as those you've previously had. It's all very well complaining that you've got bills to pay, but you've been able to see this day coming for literally years and if you've not bothered to put some aside for such an occurrence, then why should anyone feel sorry for you? You could always consider selling the Bentley you drive?

If SSL was even slightly switched on he would see that there are probably a dozen L1 clubs that would take him, providing he stops pricing himself out of the market.

Sunderland interested in signing Patrick van Aanholt

Ben Alnwick signs for Peterborough on a 3 year contract

SSL - wake up! You're never going to get a contract anywhere near as ridiculous as those you've previously had. It's all very well complaining that you've got bills to pay, but you've been able to see this day coming for literally years and if you've not bothered to put some aside for such an occurrence, then why should anyone feel sorry for you? You could always consider selling the Bentley you drive?

If SSL was even slightly switched on he would see that there are probably a dozen L1 clubs that would take him, providing he stops pricing himself out of the market.

You´re right of course. It was very unlucky for both the player and the club that he has suffered with long-term injuries and with that in mind, he will have to lower his sights or, as BN stated, pay as you play.
Good luck to him...hope he finds a new club AND avoids injury.

I remember someone posting a picture of him out at the races, boozing, and no doubt chucking cash around.

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about SSL....

I remember someone posting a picture of him out at the races, boozing, and no doubt chucking cash around.

Yes, it was at Cheltenham, and he was absolutely bladdered on his own admission. Strangely enough he barely played for us after that due to " injuries " apparently.

He was a 'promising' player apparently. How far you have to go back to see this promise is anyone's guess.

I'm no apologist for the guy, I don't give a toss either way if he finds a new club or not, but once again this seems a bit harsh. He was enjoying himself and drinking too much at the races. So what?

I'm no apologist for the guy, I don't give a toss either way if he finds a new club or not, but once again this seems a bit harsh. He was enjoying himself and drinking too much at the races. So what?

The man was never fit, suffered a LOT of tissue injuries and generally looked about 10lbs overweight. Injuries are sometimes bad luck...more often they are related to poor conditioning.

Good use of the Leonardo money, he's the kind of keeper who will get a team out of the championship.

Good use of the Leonardo money, he's the kind of keeper who will get a team out of the championship.

Can't see him scoring that many

Tom Kennedy has left Barnsley and is without a club

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669