New ex-players (and managers) thread

Last I heard they'd been thrown out of their league and were about to go bust.

Looks like it was all sorted out last week.

This is some of what's happened to them recently...

"In the month since he took over as chairman, the 31-year-old has claimed to have signed a Saudi prince to play in midfield, an Emirati international striker, a Swiss coach and six new players before blaming the attempts to take back control by local business people for scuppering his attempts to attract big investors.

Since he took over a 98 per cent share of the club for just £1, the club has been relegated twice because no new money was injected to pay off debts, lost more than half its team because the players were not paid, its manager left and it now faces a winding-up order from the HMRC for an unpaid tax bill."

Can't believe the lack of discussion of Dave Buchanan's massive flares. Anyone would think we've signed a £10m striker or something.

Can't believe the lack of discussion of Dave Buchanan's massive flares. Anyone would think we've signed a £10m striker or something.

I can't believe you're talking about his trousers without mentioning his tie

WTF is going on there ?

Last edited:
Oh yes I remember when I wore very similar trousers and the good old kipper tie. The shorter it was the the more cool you were. .

or so they reckoned.
So the tie and the flares must have made Dave Buchanan über cool. (If you ignore the fact that punk had arrived)

Oh yes I remember when I wore very similar trousers and the good old kipper tie.

You did indeed. I saw you wearing them on a tram in Sheffield the year before last.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:
But in 1978-79 they were much wider, the trousers that is. Not sure any photos exist from that time.
The tram in question was our victory over Wednesday I think, when I'd been to work before the game when I still doing meter reading. I think Boc was in his shorts then even though it was the start of winter.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00