New ex-players (and managers) thread

At least they’ve gone for ‘Charlotte FC’ And not ‘Atletico Charlotte’ or ‘Charlotte Villa’

Inter Miami and Real Salt Lake FFS.

At least they’ve gone for ‘Charlotte FC’ And not ‘Atletico Charlotte’ or ‘Charlotte Villa’

Inter Miami and Real Salt Lake FFS.
The worst thing about American team names isn’t things like Real or Inter but rather the random nicknames that are either animals, military or government ranks, or weather.

The worst thing about American team names isn’t things like Real or Inter but rather the random nicknames that are either animals, military or government ranks, or weather.
I disagree, that is their sporting culture. Them appropriating Inter, Real and so on is as wierd as when that guy wanted to call Hull City Hull Tigers

I disagree, that is their sporting culture. Them appropriating Inter, Real and so on is as wierd as when that guy wanted to call Hull City Hull Tigers
Aye, this is true. Worst of all was when some geniuses over here imported this practice for rugby in the 90s, leaving us with shit like Sale Sharks and Warrington Wolves

Aye, this is true. Worst of all was when some geniuses over here imported this practice for rugby in the 90s, leaving us with shit like Sale Sharks and Warrington Wolves
Two different codes, of course.

One attempt at a name change in football that people might not be aware of was when Kettering Town tried to change their name to Kettering Tyres. When it was thwarted they threatened to just call themselves Kettering T to keep people guessing. The Doog at his best!

Wasps against tigers. I remember hearing on the news that the tigers were going for the cup but the wasps were out to spoil the party. **** off.

Probably less annoying than they're all like London Wasps based in coventry, london Irish on the moon, london welsh in Bangladesh and shit like that.

Wasps against tigers. I remember hearing on the news that the tigers were going for the cup but the wasps were out to spoil the party. **** off.

Probably less annoying than they're all like London Wasps based in coventry, london Irish on the moon, london welsh in Bangladesh and shit like that.
I admit I missed Welsh’s relocation to Dhaka, good idea though

Two different codes, of course.

One attempt at a name change in football that people might not be aware of was when Kettering Town tried to change their name to Kettering Tyres. When it was thwarted they threatened to just call themselves Kettering T to keep people guessing. The Doog at his best!
Glad Kettering didn't change their name as it would have changed the greatest football chant of all time.....

3:12 for the chant but well worth a watch of the whole episode and series if you're a fan of him:

No thanks. There's something about the way he speaks when he's performing that makes me think he's a ****. He's probably not, but he speaks like one.
Saw him live a few years ago, fortunately he was only on for 10 minutes. He didn't go down well.
I think he’s alright, he was funny on Taskmaster and his Netflix specials are decent but I do find this trend for comedians doing routines about their unfashionable hometowns pretty tiring.

It’s like this bullshit trend for making a show with your dad or a standup routine about how crazy your family is. My generation, ‘Millennials’ if you want to call it that, seem to find the idea of men and women in their 50’s bring confused by stuff really amusing. Comes across as lazy writing because you can tell it’s mostly made up stories about the time their dad was angered by a household appliance or something. It was funny once when Adam & Joe did Bad Dad.

Featuring on all of tomorrow's back pages.

Maguire got a rating of 2.19 on the BBC website

I remember the pundits, radio twats etc....they couldn't believe Leicester fans didn't think he was that good and 80m was hilarious. I think we're all owed an apology.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663