New ex-players (and managers) thread

Wesley Fofana (very understandably) not too happy about his teammate’s singing after winning Copa America.

Nothing will happen to Fernandez. This did not “reflect my beliefs or my character”. Bollocks mate. It clearly does. You're a racist, at least ****ing own that.

Why are Argentinian tossers singing derogatory and racist crap about French footballers?

Anybody care to enlighten me?

Why are Argentinian tossers singing derogatory and racist crap about French footballers?

They're probably not bothered about them being French....just black. Strangely over looked is Argentina's history on such things.

They're probably not bothered about them being French....just black. Strangely over looked is Argentina's history on such things.
Yep. Some horrendous history there but it's okay because Messi is a smashing lad an' all that so we can ignore it.

Presumably related to beating the French in the WC Final. Along with them winning another Copa while the French simultaneously failed at the Euros. The racist shit is just par for the course. Argentina has massive previous in this area.

My first thought was how ****ing intellectually subnormal footballers keep proving themselves to be. I mean shit, posting stuff like that on Instagram? How do you not know what the result would be ???

BUT, then I thought again. & the reality is much more depressing.

Let's face it, however thick the average footballer might be, they can't possibly be THAT thick. You'd have to have the awareness of a 4 year old & the IQ of a chimp.

No. The actual truth of it is, they knew it would go public, knew it would go viral...& didn't care.

They know they'll be fined : " So ****ing what ? I'm loaded & can easily afford it "

They know they'll get bad publicity : " So ****ing what ? I'm a £50M+ asset (£100M+ in Fernandez case) My club isn't going to give me more than a token ban "

They know FIFA will be pissed off : " So ****ing what ? It's 2 years til the WC & they're never going to ban players that are likely to be a big draw at that. Might miss a couple of qualifiers & friendlies that we'll piss anyway "

Nope. It's entitlement not stupidity. They know they'll get away with it. They also know that most of their countrymen share their opinion anyway so there'll be no fallout at home.

Entitlement enabled by money. Its never going away.

As for Fernandez, well, what a sad little pussy you must be. You were that lad at school weren't you? The one who stood behind the bully cheering it all on but never got personally involved. ****.

One of those Chelsea lads should wait for the first training session & break his ****ing nose. Nothing would be said I guarantee it.

Presumably related to beating the French in the WC Final. Along with them winning another Copa while the French simultaneously failed at the Euros. The racist shit is just par for the course. Argentina has massive previous in this area.

My first thought was how ****ing intellectually subnormal footballers keep proving themselves to be. I mean shit, posting stuff like that on Instagram? How do you not know what the result would be ???

BUT, then I thought again. & the reality is much more depressing.

Let's face it, however thick the average footballer might be, they can't possibly be THAT thick. You'd have to have the awareness of a 4 year old & the IQ of a chimp.

No. The actual truth of it is, they knew it would go public, knew it would go viral...& didn't care.

They know they'll be fined : " So ****ing what ? I'm loaded & can easily afford it "

They know they'll get bad publicity : " So ****ing what ? I'm a £50M+ asset (£100M+ in Fernandez case) My club isn't going to give me more than a token ban "

They know FIFA will be pissed off : " So ****ing what ? It's 2 years til the WC & they're never going to ban players that are likely to be a big draw at that. Might miss a couple of qualifiers & friendlies that we'll piss anyway "

Nope. It's entitlement not stupidity. They know they'll get away with it. They also know that most of their countrymen share their opinion anyway so there'll be no fallout at home.

Entitlement enabled by money. Its never going away.

As for Fernandez, well, what a sad little pussy you must be. You were that lad at school weren't you? The one who stood behind the bully cheering it all on but never got personally involved. ****.

One of those Chelsea lads should wait for the first training session & break his ****ing nose. Nothing would be said I guarantee it.
Now that should be Post of the Year.

Brilliantly summed up mate.

Now that should be Post of the Year.

Brilliantly summed up mate.
Cheers. But in the end, it'a not that difficult to sum up a vacuous, shallow world like the one we seem to be living in. Which is a right ****ing shame for all concerned.

£15m for Kante, who still looked excellent at the euros, would be an absolute steal.

But £15m got rejected.

I'd be gutted to see him somewhere like West Ham.

Imagine his wages would be astronomical though.
He's already won more or less everything & can earn a zillion quid a minute playing pub football in the desert. His motivation to go anywhere is probably zero.

But £15m got rejected.

I'd be gutted to see him somewhere like West Ham.

Imagine his wages would be astronomical though.
I’d be gutted to see him back here. I’ve said it before on here, but **** Kante and all the other players who didn’t need blood money to be financially secure but took it anyway. If a jobbing lower league player is offered the contract of his life, or some player in an economically disadvantaged country gets the chance to earn life-changing money, then fair enough. **** Kante, Henderson, Ronaldo, etc.

I’d be gutted to see him back here. I’ve said it before on here, but **** Kante and all the other players who didn’t need blood money to be financially secure but took it anyway. If a jobbing lower league player is offered the contract of his life, or some player in an economically disadvantaged country gets the chance to earn life-changing money, then fair enough. **** Kante, Henderson, Ronaldo, etc.
Completely agree.

Didn’t he send the vast majority of his wages home? Might it be that his taking of that cheque has helped many?

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34