New ex-players (and managers) thread

Yup, Steve Howard now offers financial advice to the poor lads on how to manage.

Sells them unbeatable investments in exchange for a measly commission?

James Pearson training with Rotherham.

Two people have told me the same story about Pearson Jnr now and I have no idea whether it is just gossip doing the rounds or if there is anything genuine in it. Anyone heard the same?

The story goes that the squad were due a rather enormous sum (worth several hundred grand each) as a performance bonus for their 14th place finish last season and this figure was to be shared between the players equally. Pearson Snr fought to ensure that his son got an equal share on the basis that he'd made an appearance during the season (v Shrewsbury).

This then caused friction with both players and coaching staff as he'd not played in the Premier League. One of the stories goes on to claim that Pearson Snr had offered Pearson Jnr a new contract prior to Thailand and this had too caused some friction as a number of clearly superior players were being released and Pearson Jnr was going to have to be played as an over-aged player in the U21s.

I can't imagine Rotherham seriously considering signing him, after all they released him aged 16 when he was not good enough and no professional club then employed him until his Dad came along and gave him three successive contracts. It's significant that he has so far been unable to even get a non-league club to take him on. This only emphasises how clearly he was only being employed through a crude and bizarre example of nepotism.

Two people have told me the same story about Pearson Jnr now and I have no idea whether it is just gossip doing the rounds or if there is anything genuine in it. Anyone heard the same?

The story goes that the squad were due a rather enormous sum (worth several hundred grand each) as a performance bonus for their 14th place finish last season and this figure was to be shared between the players equally. Pearson Snr fought to ensure that his son got an equal share on the basis that he'd made an appearance during the season (v Shrewsbury).

This then caused friction with both players and coaching staff as he'd not played in the Premier League. One of the stories goes on to claim that Pearson Snr had offered Pearson Jnr a new contract prior to Thailand and this had too caused some friction as a number of clearly superior players were being released and Pearson Jnr was going to have to be played as an over-aged player in the U21s.

I can't imagine Rotherham seriously considering signing him, after all they released him aged 16 when he was not good enough and no professional club then employed him until his Dad came along and gave him three successive contracts. It's significant that he has so far been unable to even get a non-league club to take him on. This only emphasises how clearly he was only being employed through a crude and bizarre example of nepotism.
You can't say it proves anything when, in your own words, it is just rumour.

The stories at the time (before the Thailand trip) were that it was based on appearances, and regular first team players would be due a few hundred thousand each.

One of the stories goes on to claim that Pearson Snr had offered Pearson Jnr a new contract prior to Thailand

It's a fact that he was offered a new contract before they went to Thailand, the retained list was sent to the Premier League, and published on their site.

Cambiasso starts for Olympiakos vs Bayern M in the CL tonight. Booked after 22mins.

They're losing 0-1 atm, and Esteban was subbed after 61mins

1-1 in the early Championship game so far, both goals from former Foxes.

Matt Mills has been replaced by Jack Hobbs and they also have Chris O'Grady on the bench so Forest should win of the pattern continues there....

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663