New ex-players (and managers) thread

Football is completely ****ed. All this Saudi bollocks is just creating the new MLS. 20 years from now it'll still be a shit league nobody cares about while ageing players earn more in their dotage playing meaningless games than they did at their peak. ****ing ridiculous. I can't ****ing wait for the oil to run dry.

Football is completely ****ed. All this Saudi bollocks is just creating the new MLS. 20 years from now it'll still be a shit league nobody cares about while ageing players earn more in their dotage playing meaningless games than they did at their peak. ****ing ridiculous. I can't ****ing wait for the oil to run dry.
I love you but you’re wrong. The Saudis will own the premier league, in part because of the talent drain they have currently kicked off, in the next 5-10 years.

Then it’s ****ed.

Fromm Sky sports.

Brendan Rodgers was keen to take the positives from Celtic's 6-4 defeat to Yokohama F. Marinos in the opening game of his side's pre-season tour of Japan

No chance, who gives a shit about their league.

It doesn't have the history, rivalry or even anywhere near the level of support any European league has, let alone Europe combined. All that combines to make the product what it is and not just the 22 ****s playing the game.

They'll still get millions of viewers/followers but it will all be people who have owned the shirt of whatever team Messi or Ronaldo plays for and they can **** off too.

It will just be like the MLS but even shitter and almost certainly rigged like most things over there.

No chance, who gives a shit about their league.

It doesn't have the history, rivalry or even anywhere near the level of support any European league has, let alone Europe combined. All that combines to make the product what it is and not just the 22 ****s playing the game.

They'll still get millions of viewers/followers but it will all be people who have owned the shirt of whatever team Messi or Ronaldo plays for and they can **** off too.

It will just be like the MLS but even shitter and almost certainly rigged like most things over there.
Talk to the PGA Tour.

Talk to the PGA Tour.
Team sport is different to an individual sport - you can take the players away from man utd or Madrid but the teams remain as they are and the competition can continue. Golf without players is nothing though

Golf also has no where near the level of interest that football has or attendances so whilst it is also a top level sport, it is not really comparable in this situation.

Plus it will all go tits up when some Western player gets his knob chopped off for doing some rich Sheikh's daughter up the wrong 'un.

Team sport is different to an individual sport - you can take the players away from man utd or Madrid but the teams remain as they are and the competition can continue. Golf without players is nothing though

Golf also has no where near the level of interest that football has or attendances so whilst it is also a top level sport, it is not really comparable in this situation.

Plus it will all go tits up when some Western player gets his knob chopped off for doing some rich Sheikh's daughter up the wrong 'un.
Knew you’d say all that, but let’s put a pin in this one and check back in a few years.

The Saudis are NOT MLS, I can assure you of that.

I love you but you’re wrong. The Saudis will own the premier league, in part because of the talent drain they have currently kicked off, in the next 5-10 years.

Then it’s ****ed.
But it won't matter. The Super League will be in full flight by then.

I still can’t believe he was at the club for 7.5 years. Unbelievable.

I still can’t believe he was at the club for 7.5 years. Unbelievable.

Yep. I wish he'd left ages ago although he was ok for short term cover etc. Rodgers deciding he was to play instead of Cags though.....what a ****. i wish Big Dan all the best, unlike many ****s who have/will depart this season he only ever gave his best but unfortunately for us he was just a rubbish player.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463