New ex-players (and managers) thread

Shit pubs are actually good pubs now.

A shit pub is full of bitter old men , sticky carpets, no poncy food & less then a fiver for a pint & they don't allow kids. Some might even still have a jukebox. Or a pool table.

A good pub has a gastro menu, staff in shirts with collars, attracts families, sells wank lager at £5.50 & plays Michael ****ing Buble in the background at xmas.

**** good pubs.
Yes I mean shit pub as a term or endearment. What some would call shit is the sort of pub I normally like.

IMO what makes a good pub is the people that frequent it.

Plenty of spit and sawdust pubs are great or rubbish because of the people they attract.

Exactly the same is true for any type of pub.

IMO what makes a good pub is the people that frequent it.

Plenty of spit and sawdust pubs are great or rubbish because of the people they attract.

Exactly the same is true for any type of pub.
Yep, exactly. I'd rather be in a "shit" pub with good people, than a "good" pub with shit people.

The Full Moon. Coleman Road. Rough as a badgers arsehole.

The Shambles. Lutterworth.
The Full Moon was one of my (infrequent) haunts, my dad used to work at Wadkins next door.
There was a "smart" bar in Church gate where I was threatened with a glassing because my hair was "long" (longer than the squadie threatener) and my suit jacket had two vents at the back, rather than the single vent in his jacket.
In those days you needed a suit to get into the Top Rank or Palais de Dance.

The Full Moon. Coleman Road. Rough as a badgers arsehole.

The Shambles. Lutterworth.
The Full Moon, oh my God. In the early sixties, I lived on Goodwood Estate and passed the pub every day on the way to school. I think that my parents went there on a few occasions and I don't remember bad reports. Mind you, they thought that the Two Triangles in New Parks was a good pub.

Thanks for the memories MA.

The Full Moon, oh my God. In the early sixties, I lived on Goodwood Estate and passed the pub every day on the way to school. I think that my parents went there on a few occasions and I don't remember bad reports. Mind you, they thought that the Two Triangles in New Parks was a good pub.

Thanks for the memories MA.
Dad was a northfields lad.

Grandma on mums side lived on The Langhill.

Still a thing in the US though, a lot of people assume that because you're British you know everything about football.

When kids were at school I had Athletic Directors asking me if I'd coach the school team. I might know a bit about football but nowhere near enough to try my hand at coaching, even at that level.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463