New ex-players (and managers) thread

Mentalists - anyone with at least half a footballing brain could see the lad had bags of talent.

Never expected him to rise as much as this but it was clear his signing should have been a no brainer for us.

When Lookman played for us he was similar to most young talented players ... inconsistent.

He needed a time and support to develop from talented youngster into a proven performer, sadly we weren't the team to reap the rewards of his development.

I thought he was bang average for us and I was delighted that we didn't sign him.

He'd been the same for everyone else he'd played for too. That's why he came to us on loan.

Some players don't peak until very late. Maybe he's one of them but I still think someone will end up paying a load for him and will regret it.

Before he signed for us he'd played almost 9,000 minutes of competitive football.
Half of which was in the lower leagues at Charlton.

After leaving Charlton he played on average 5 games a season at Everton, RB Leipzig.

In 20/21 he played 16 games in minutes.

So he was hardly an inexperienced kid. He was an experienced 24 year old.
Experienced sitting on the bench?

My original point was that he needed game time and support to see what he was capable of. Now he has had that for a reasonable period of time he looks a good player.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Liverpool49
4Aston Villa49
5Brighton48
6Nottm F48
7Chelsea47
8Newcastle37
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45