New Forum Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feature isn't available. But what I should be able to do is create a new them with no avatars. That's now on my list of things to do.

I've created a new theme, called 'reduced images', it contains no avatars when you're reading posts, and also doesn't have the fox head image at the top. You can select it at the bottom left of the page. Click where it currently says 'Default Style' and it will give you the option to change it.

It still displays avatars on the page where you decide which thread to read (such as http://talkingballs.uk/index.php?forums/leicester-city.9/)

I am aware of that. That's why I worded it the way it did. I'm very much a beginner when it comes to modifying this system, so I'm learning as I go along. I did the easy bit first!

and has my own avatar in the top right corner

It didn't when I posted. But I'm now playing with an add-on that features the column on the right on every page, rather than just the home page.

And on the subject of the column on the right, what would people like to see there?
On the old site we had a list of news articles, the league table and the latest threads. Anything else anyone would like adding to that?

I would keep what was in the original side column, and maybe add a twitter feed of the official LCFC account

Finding the new site really easy to use - thanks for all the effort you've put in Jeff :)

Much better experience on mobile which I use most. Thank You.

Can you edit other people's posts in this forum, or just your own?
Just my own, in the couple of minutes after I have posted.

edit: currently 14 minutes after I posted....and counting

now 48, and I'm giving up editing and going to bed

oooooh I can still edit it 24 hours later

Last edited:
Ignored threads not being ignored - do I need to ignore the likes of the tired repetition of old arguments in the Rooney thread again?

Wht's the 'status message' option do Jeff? Just changed mine and can't see it appear anywhere.

Wht's the 'status message' option do Jeff? Just changed mine and can't see it appear anywhere.

You mean "This is my status message :)"?

If you click on your name to the left of a message, a new window opens. It's on that.

You mean "This is my status message :)"?

If you click on your name to the left of a message, a new window opens. It's on that.

Oh. Is that all? I was hoping it would replace the 'Active Member' bit but then that would make us plebs as special as you mods and we can't have that can we ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566